Mahurangi weekend

Vorpal Blade

Some great pics of the multy party .And thanks all for a good nite , thank you Tim for being a great host ,we had a wet trip back with to reef in the main and sitting on 8 to 12 knts with spray all over,

thanks all from the crew from 2 TO TANGO !!!

post-10443-141887195016.jpg

post-10443-141887195019.jpg

post-10443-141887195021.jpg

A massive weekend was had by all, lots of fun and a few new faces.

We had more multis than have turned out for this kind of event for some time, joining in along the way were...

Crowded house

Timberwolf

Pulse

Vorpal Blade

2 to Tango

Impreza

Pzazz

Superbird to Cruz

Hyper

Bad Kitty

This way Up

Voom

in no particular order of course.

Friday's night Not-race to Mahurangi was dominated by the weather more than anything, and this saw a few of us hiding in Mita bay a little earlier than planned then heading for Kawau on Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday.

On the way up we had a go at catching the biggest fish with a shiny new Rapala lure but instead caught a Timberwolf as they did a high speed pass just a bit close and managed to smoke about 100 metres of line and said new Rapala into the distance ahead of us.

The Results for the Crew.org sponsored section of the weekend....thanks Squid and Mt Gay

The rum went to

Finishing closest to 7pm - Pzazz

Best supporting cast - Crowded House

Randomly drawn from all the boats there - Impreza

Needless to say there were 3 empty rum bottles in the clean up.

wolfy.jpg

raftup.jpg

tango.jpg

kawau1.jpg

kawau2.jpg

kawau3.jpg

Oh come ON! You're not going to tease us and say nothing more are you? Us poor multi wannabes need the goss. You can tell me - I won't say a thing - just post it here, it'll be safe... :silent:

Yes ...great to catch up ...good effort on the kiddies events at Mahurangi ...

Nice to have good wind for the trip down...even managed to set the gennaker on the way back as the sea breeze set in and had a nice ride from Whangaparoa ...shame I used a light line on the tack which then exploded just off Cheltenham as the breeze freshened and tightened a bit ...right in front of a camera I fear !! :lol:

Yes thank you all for a great weekend. I think I can thank you all, cause I'm pretty sure everyone came aboard Pulse at some stage!! I didn't think that many people (around 26) could be fed on one 10m cat! Was a great meal and evening. Big thanks to Team Crowded House for the seafood mornay, and Tim W for his stunning roast, and to everyone else who contributed.

I learnt latter that if you peak at 30 or so people onboard, one needs to check that all the wiring holes are still above the new waterline, as the boat weight has just doubled! Also, wind generator connectors under water do give a good belt...

I think we'll have to declare V 3.7 of the entertainment system a success. But always room for improvement!

Never thought we could do so many dishes in a weekend!!

RIght, now what's happening over Waitangi Weekend...?

...shame I used a light line on the tack which then exploded just off Cheltenham as the breeze freshened and tightened a bit ...right in front of a camera I fear !! :lol:

let you get away with that one Paul! Well recovered btw.

6800408853_67697db986.jpg

6800407109_fda77b328e.jpg

Great party Tim ... and thanks to Crowded House for the chowder - very good.

Sorry I didn't get there, I was going to Squid around and try to annoy people, but I only got as far as having the boat finished (sort of), now have to adapt the trailer to take it, of course just took a week off to go sailing so now rushing to see if I can make it for the Matakana Raid. Glad the MOunt gaty was appreciated :D

Right oh - Mahurangi weekend 2013

Who is planning on heading up? Weather behaving itself we are going.

From the NZMYC website I see the 7pm "non-race / cruising event" finish at Sadler point is planned.

The MCC post saturday party to be held at Scott's landing looks as though it is on with the big band, but BYO drinks and food.

Archived