Mahurangi weekend

Vorpal Blade

Looking like pretty stiff easterly for most of the long weekend. Wanting to believe Metservice and Metvuw (15 knots 25 knots outer gulf) over PredictWind 20-25 knots for a change...........

Looking like pretty stiff easterly for most of the long weekend. Wanting to believe Metservice and Metvuw (15 knots 25 knots outer gulf) over PredictWind 20-25 knots for a change...........

Yeah, struggling to convince wife since it will be our first sail with bubz (6 months) on board.

Hmm Metservice has changed now too!

Friday : Southeast rising to 15 knots in the morning and to 20 knots gusting 30 knots in the evening. Slight sea becoming moderate in the evening. Fine weather.

Team am prob in for this, however ill be coming in a night for the third time and have always parked near the entrance then buggered off to vivian bay early on the sat morning.

With 'things changing' a little over last few years am keen to hang around.

My question is, given the forecast, what will anchorage be like till Monday, and where would be good pace to park around 2230 on Sunday night.

Oh and I have one single hottie on board so don't be shy!

For those of you sailing up North for the weekend, how about we meet at Kawau, Harris Bay, for Friday night, and re-evaluate the weather on Saturday. That we we get a decent anchorage in a SE blow for the night. Maybe sail down to Mahurangi for the day on Saturday? Or do our own race round Motuora and Mahu and back?

Mahurangi doesn't provide a good anchorage really in a SE blow I would suggest...

Great weekend had by all! Pity it was windy for much of the time, but we all made the best of it. All the sailing we did was reefed!

Thanks to all the people who came aboard the raft up and got into the spirit of an NZMYC get together!

Thanks especially to all the cooks who put such great meals together!

Roll on the next one...

Archived