BMW who's in

Oh Bugger!

They do take a while to heal John, and for what it's worth, doing as you are told by the med profs will make a difference to how quick it heals and future functionality.

Good luck for a speedy recovery

M

johnmi

are you sure the dastardly RNZYS werent behind this somehow, are you sure they didnt pay off your rigger to get the mast base wrong , or perhaps they secretly toghtened your ama or enured you were parked on diffeicult ground so as to cuase the injury???

no only joking a speedy recovery is wished by all (even the RNZYS) your non involvement will be missed get well

Ha Ha

You know JohnK, maybe.. really? no.., but

Thanks John, will no doubt get on the water at some stage.

Really sorry I can't do the BMW, luckily I get a good view all be it from a distance of the racecourse if it's the same spot as last yr, so will the the telescope lined up and watch.

I understand that all the smaller tris but PE will be competing.

john you could send out some trusted crew on PE and radio through your desired tactics from the lazyboy....

did you sort the step in the end?

I have just seen this post about your mast step John. While im not involved in the slightest i was at KZ Marine when JT turned up to work on your step and you actually had half the place working on your step and pulling finger to get it all sorted. Including JT and Rick Hackett on the lathes milling up bushes etc so that the rig can actually cant?

Not throwing stones at these guys but you bag Bart at NZ rigging, Bag JT and bag KZ Marine, who ya gunna call next when you want something done?

Remember that if you draw something on a piece of paper and they build it like that and it doesnt work then is it the problem of them who drew the picture of them who made it to the plans?

Tell me where I bag Bart, MM.

Or JT, MM

Why don't you pull your head out of your arse and look, or try and find out what happened before spewing forth with such crap.

As you've given me a good reason to bag them again, I will tell all who wish to know exactly what happened.

Quite some weeks ago ( I would say about 15 Jan or there abouts, maybe earlier) , JT asked KZ Marine to machine a mast step that will allow canting, to 10 degrees. He was always complaining that he still didn't have the base yet. I am not gonna criticize them for what we initially received, because I don't know what was given to them. It may have worked, but as we have to raise the mast with this step it was too chancy that the mast may slip from the step. (The angle allowed for 20 degree canting)

I drew up a drawing that showed exactly what I wanted. Talking to KZ Marine, they informed me if I was happy to get what I originally asked for but with the 10 degree instead of the 20 degree canting angle I could get it almost immediately. If I expected it to be done as per my drawing I would need to wait till the following Tuesday ( 8 days later).

Tuesday it still wasn't ready, after ringing each day (JT also ringing, because he couldn't do anything else) I am at last told on Friday that the base was to be ready at 2.00PM

The unit was exactly as the first unit but with 10 degrees canting ability. The same thing I was offered could be done 'almost immediately'

I suggested they treated their small clients like a***h***s and were quite happy to let them slip back down the ladder for their bigger clients such as Volvo Boats.

"No No we don't do that" was the reply.

Anyway, after I calm down a bit they try to figure out how to do this.

It's now 3.00pm and I would say it's a 1 1/2 hr job, ( I may be wrong ). They felt they couldn't do it then, and they didn't seem to want someone to do overtime.

I lost my cool again when a comment was made.

" Don't know when we can do it next week, we don't know what's gonna happen Monday morning " (Volvo boats coming in over the weekend, and we really do put bigger clients ahead of you)

I suggested I take the items and get it done elsewhere.

Now MM you would have said to them, that's fine, when you have finished it, please ring me and I will pick it up.

Another apology is in order Sunshine, not that I expect it from you.

Does anybody know what the BMW program is likely to be? Entries close 16th but as far as I can see on the website, the program comes out on the 19th...

I cant do saturday so am wanting to find out what races would be done on Friday and sunday.

Hi EMC

Last yr the first 2 days were 4 windward leewards each day, I think, The last day was a long harbour race.

If I had been doing it, I would also have missed Saturday out, but it would still have been worth it.

Sounds like Capricorn may be doing it as well so you would have some good competition.

I'm just sorry I can't do it...

Yeh Grinna, still a bit sore about the sorry saga, :x

But hey, I believe in fate,

so,

If I had got the base, we had fitted it, I would have gone sailing Saturday.

I'm quite sure I would have fallen overboard (done it before) and I would have drowned.

I've decided I would rather be laid up for a couple months.

Fate has looked kindly on me again. :thumbup:

Yeah, there ya go ... silver linings and all that.

I know its friggin frustrating when people are supposed to be making stuff and it takes forever and then is wrong when it arrives. It happens ... it shouldn't but it does. Not worth blowing a fufu valve over though.

Bit of a bugger it resulted in the blown achilles tendon. I'm sure you don't need anymore bad news but they can take a while to heal because there's not a real good blood supply to that area. Just have to be patient and do your physical therapy and do what the medicos say (including WEARing the moonboot and stuff like that).

XL is in. Hopefully there will be a last minute flurry of activity from the remaining open multis! Triple 8 and Taeping not in yet? I've been getting on the Frantic Drifts case but no official word yet.

That race got called off mrs RO , got a cool tri to crew on Friday & synday come up Saturday we can take video of BMW off the tango if keen

Archived