AC 72 Design

They might be testing their current foil design in light winds to see where they are at and possibly thinking about designing some light wind / non foiling boards for days like today.

It sure looks like a good day to be out on the water today :thumbup:

I also found out on the weekend that the oracle boat has an aluminium super structure (news to me) so it was defiantly designed to flex

It wasn't that clear to see from where I was but it didn't look like they were pointing that well. They were heading out for a yacht so going down the harbour hence I can't think why they would be reaching or anything. Anyone know how well or knot, these things can point?

multihulls cant go to windward!

Give it away Royale and Rigger. It's pretty obvious JP is no different than Oracle in knowing they are in deep shite so trying to hang onto glory from decades ago. As for OC, he maybe saying the same thing, I don't do word puzzles so can't work most of hos posts out.

Anyway I just watched TNZ go down the harbour. A smart and fast looking machine. Bloody nice day for it as well.

It wasn't that clear to see from where I was but it didn't look like they were pointing that well. They were heading out for a yacht so going down the harbour hence I can't think why they would be reaching or anything. Anyone know how well or knot, these things can point?

You surprise me KM. You seem to know everything else 7. Not down now.

Don't you mean ETNZ :think:

There is a windward beat in the course they 12 sail is there knot M.

Why are u asking 63 a bet then.

:shifty:

multihulls cant go to windward!

:?

Who said. some can point higher than monohulls.

I also found out on the weekend that the oracle boat has an aluminium super structure (news to me) so it was defiantly designed to flex

Alloy?? You're kidding.

One does have to wonder why they would do that and knot use carbon or something else. That has to be one of the richest teams in the world, and knot just teams playing with things maritime, so you'd have to think a coin shortage is knot an issue.

From what's been seen so far we have a broken O, which may or may knot be a design flaw.

Artemis having dramas while testing before even sailing

Prada with easy the nicest paint job but still unknown

TNZ out there doing it and looking good.

It's a while away yet but you sure wouldn't be rushing out to lay any money against TNZ at the moment.

Don't know anything about foils with feet so just wondering how they stop the foils assisting the pitch pole once they get the bow down. Surely once the attitude reaches a critical point the feet will actually pull the bow down?

Give it away Royale and Rigger. It's pretty obvious JP is no different than Oracle in knowing they are in deep shite so trying to hang onto glory from decades ago. As for OC, he maybe saying the same thing, I don't do word puzzles so can't work most of hos posts out.

Anyway I just watched TNZ go down the harbour. A smart and fast looking machine. Bloody nice day for it as well.

knot me, young amaze me with your assumptions andcontradictions :crazy: then bag me when I supply facts. What a nutter :crazy:

You judge the other teams by remote control and suggest they are slow or failures based on news articles without even seeing them first hand or even seeing their speed/vmg data!... then say EtNZ looks great when they are sailing by themselves with nothing to compare against! :crazy:

Sure oracle pitch pole but do you know how fast their boat is or how good their 2nd boat will be?

Then, omg, you prove you do not have a inkling of etnz's performance nor hieght by making a comment...

Anyone know how well or knot, these things can point?

This is why you kiwi,s fail at AC level, except for RC, because you believe your own hype, right of the opposition early, and talk up a big game before the first ball is delivered.

History proves this point and all I can see is Oracle has the cup, team NZ could win it.... but RC has nothing to prove nor nothing to lose. Unlike ETNZ... on their 3rd attempt.

Don't know anything about foils with feet so just wondering how they stop the foils assisting the pitch pole once they get the bow down. Surely once the attitude reaches a critical point the feet will actually pull the bow down?

True maybe? But what about wind shear.

The answer appears to be if all is going well about 20 degree true then it's likely to stall. But it'll vary with design and speed just like soft sails. But this vintage AC boats may or may knot to that........... as yet only a few will know exactly what they can do.

Not talking now KM?

Height means nothing and VMG is everything.

Sailing at 20degrees at 20 knots is slower than 30 @ 40.

Sure ETNZ has done 40 knots in 20 knots and flat seas. But at what angle? And can she do that in the bay area with a 4 knot tide against the lighter wind and 15 degree shifts.

Testing in Auckland and getting TV 1 tossers to talk yourself up (tonights bullshit news/advertising propaganda) may appear "all cool and exciting" but racing on the real course will be the "real test".

Sorry to interrupt your monologue with logic and facts.

The answer appears to be if all is going well about 20 degree true then it's likely to stall. But it'll vary with design and speed just like soft sails. But this vintage AC boats may or may knot to that........... as yet only a few will know exactly what they can do.

:lol: answering your own posts KM :D

Testing in Auckland and getting TV 1 tossers to talk yourself up (tonights bullshit news/advertising propaganda) may appear "all cool and exciting" but racing on the real course will be the "real test"

Well your BFF Russel failed that test pretty spectacularly didn't he :lol: :lol: :lol:

Testing in Auckland and getting TV 1 tossers to talk yourself up (tonights bullshit news/advertising propaganda) may appear "all cool and exciting" but racing on the real course will be the "real test"

Well your BFF Russel failed that test pretty spectacularly didn't he :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got to get you facts right Royal780.

1. How many ,miles has Emirates team Dubai done on the waters if San Fran?...'ZERO

2. Have ETDUBAI Pushed Their cat hard in SAN FRAN waters...NO

3. Was the world best alround sailor Russel Coutts MBE sailing ... NO.

4. who won the last AC45 regatta... Oracle... and according to you and others... in a SLOWER BOAT.

Batter up. play ball!... :D

And the Giants delivered a can of Good old American whoop ass. Yay :D

Got to get you facts right Royal780.

1. How many ,miles has Emirates team Dubai done on the waters if San Fran?...'ZERO

2. Have ETDUBAI Pushed Their cat hard in SAN FRAN waters...NO

3. Was the world best alround sailor Russel Coutts MBE sailing ... NO.

4. who won the last AC45 regatta... Oracle... and according to you and others... in a SLOWER BOAT.

Batter up. play ball!... :D

And the Giants delivered a can of Good old American whoop ass. Yay :D

I think its funny how you call us team DUBAI when your team is full of kiwis :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am amazed they got MT on the boat. I was led to believe he had sworn off sailing on fast multi-hulls after having the brown stuff scared out of him - was it on TVS?

Archived