AC 72 Design

Justin, I wasn't being aggressive at all mate. Just saying, you're welcome to your opinion, but why do you have to so vehemently bag Dalton? I specifically mentioned other NZ sailors, so calling me ignorant is both in correct and in your own words is "playing the man".

And finally Justin, a pouty little post announcing your departure is exactly the behaviour I was talking about - schoolyard brat. Besides, we all know it isn't true because you'll be back time and again .... You won't be able to help yourself. :lol:

Justin, I wasn't being aggressive at all mate. Just saying, you're welcome to your opinion, but why do you have to so vehemently bag Dalton? I specifically mentioned other NZ sailors, so calling me ignorant is both in correct and in your own words is "playing the man".

And finally Justin, a pouty little post announcing your departure is exactly the behaviour I was talking about - schoolyard brat. Besides, we all know it isn't true because you'll be back time and again .... You won't be able to help yourself. :lol:

Your right grinna. I think I will only post to bag Idiotic comments and to play the man.

That way I will fit in with the rest. :thumbup:

Your right grinna. I think I will only post to bag Idiotic comments and to play the man.

That way I will fit in with the rest. :thumbup:

Oi!! You said you were pissing off a few posts ago.

Would you at least stick to your word on one occasion?

Well, we're just slaughtering the sacred cows tonite aren't we. :lol:

You lot sound like school kids "My dad can beat up your dad!" and it all amounts to as much as if you guys were peeing in the wind. The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it'll be time to actually find out whose pudding is best soon enough.

In the meantime, Justin and Oceancruiser, what do you really gain from tearing down the latest Kiwi yachting hero du jour? By all means talk up the likes of Coutts and Schnacks and whoever else you want .... but when you're throwing mud all you're doing is losing ground. You guys may well be proven right, but NZ yachting has been missing people of significance to inspire youngsters. For all his faults, Grant Dalton is the closest thing we've got at the moment .... though its good to see the likes of Jo Aleh and Pollie Powrie being lifted that way.

By pissing on the parade so vehemently you just make yourselves look like churlish, petty little spoiled brats.

Now, now, Grinna. There's no need to haul out the abusive commentary gambit in order to get your point across. Everyone has been respectful down to this point and this kind of harsh elevation of the discourse is not appropriate. I would say boardering on internet bully - School bully.

You sound like a intoxicate binge drinker, on 11 hands you bully justin for making a point and stating a opinion

and nothing can be made by stating in his opinion some faults - then in your next breathe you state the say thing,

Quote". For all his faults, Grant Dalton ]

and where did I throw mud at Dalton. I just stated Dalton did not want a certain person A person who is an Inductee in 2000 Americas cup hall of fame.

Grinna Go and have another drink ----- your totally inappropiate.

You lot sound like school kids "My dad can beat up your dad!" and it all amounts to as much as if you guys were peeing in the wind. The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it'll be time to actually find out whose pudding is best soon enough.

In the meantime, Justin and Oceancruiser, what do you really gain from tearing down the latest Kiwi yachting hero du jour? By all means talk up the likes of Coutts and Schnacks and whoever else you want .... but when you're throwing mud all you're doing is losing ground. You guys may well be proven right, but NZ yachting has been missing people of significance to inspire youngsters. For all his faults, Grant Dalton is the closest thing we've got at the moment .... though its good to see the likes of Jo Aleh and Pollie Powrie being lifted that way.

By pissing on the parade so vehemently you just make yourselves look like churlish, petty little spoiled brats.

Now, now, Grinna. There's no need to haul out the abusive commentary gambit in order to get your point across. Everyone has been respectful down to this point and this kind of harsh elevation of the discourse is not appropriate. I would say boardering on internet bully - School bully.

You sound like a intoxicate binge drinker, on 11 hands you bully justin for making a point and stating a opinion

and nothing can be made by stating in his opinion some faults - then in your next breathe you state the say thing,

and where did I throw mud at Dalton. I just stated Dalton did not want a certain person A person who is an Inductee in 2000 Americas cup hall of fame.

Now thatis nice.... very nice.

watch out Oceancruiser all the Grinna followers will be into you now for having a opinion that is not like theirs.

love your work / facts! :thumbup:

Now thatis nice.... very nice.

watch out Oceancruiser all the Grinna followers will be into you now for having a opinion that is not like theirs.

love your work / facts! :thumbup:

Thanks for the warning.

I just ad to your arguement re grinna,

Dalton is to be commended according to Grinna because youngsters need inspiring,

Emmirates - Camper Sponsors,

An airline that pollutes the atmosphere, be grudges the Germans for imposing a carbon tax that only added about $12 nz to a long haul flight, to fight climate change, severe weather and rising ocean water levels.

Camper- manufacturer of luxury womens fashions only the rich can afford and basically unnecessary extravagance.

A sport that is totally extravagant to the extreme

Inspiration for kiwi youngsters ?

Warped.

So to get front on track re this thread. Take a look

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-Cup:-Hinged-foils-approved-by-Measurement-Committee/101999

An airline that pollutes the atmosphere, be grudges the Germans for imposing a carbon tax that only added about $12 nz to a long haul flight, to fight climate change, severe weather and rising ocean water levels.

Camper- manufacturer of luxury womens fashions only the rich can afford and basically unnecessary extravagance.

Warped.

I'm knot to sure you can relate the cost of something to how youngsters see things. Many want to be astronauts yet how many could afford their own space rocket? A know a fair few who want to be Greg Murphy and again none could afford a V8 and only a very few of their parents would be able too. I'd think the cost angle would be more a adult thing as they tend to know what money is all about. I can easily see many kids looking at one of the 72's low flying along and saying 'I wanna do that'.

But I can't agree with the 'Dalton' bit sorry, they are all teams. Yes I know the media will only say Dalts like they had Peter single handing in the Whitbread, Russell single handing and winning the AC while doing it etc.

Anyway - what's the comments about 'only one foil and/or centre board down at one time' all about? Is that meant to mean 2 centreboards down at once is OK but knot if they have foils on them in which case only one can be down at a time? If so anyone know the logic as to why such a rule?

Warped.

I'm knot to sure you can relate the cost of something to how youngsters see things. Many want to be astronauts yet how many could afford their own space rocket? A know a fair few who want to be Greg Murphy and again none could afford a V8 and only a very few of their parents would be able too. I'd think the cost angle would be more a adult thing as they tend to know what money is all about. I can easily see many kids looking at one of the 72's low flying along and saying 'I wanna do that'.

But I can't agree with the 'Dalton' bit sorry, they are all teams. Yes I know the media will only say Dalts like they had Peter single handing in the Whitbread, Russell single handing and winning the AC while doing it etc.

Anyway - what's the comments about 'only one foil and/or centre board down at one time' all about? Is that meant to mean 2 centreboards down at once is OK but knot if they have foils on them in which case only one can be down at a time? If so anyone know the logic as to why such a rule?

I think you have missed the point i was making, surely they can relate to climate change, bulling, extravagant fashion, why towns and villages are being flooded, it,s in the school curriculum and why they have to wear a rain coat when it,s supposed to be summer and why nobody is doing anything about it. The excuse is that the people don't want to pay nine for it.

I think you will find they are a lot more astute than you give them credit six.

I think you have missed the point i was making, 
I thought it was will the AC inspire kids, Yes it will. I'm struggling with where the climate change bit comes into that sorry but no worries.

Anyone on the foils question? I'm struggling there as well.

Warped.

Thanks for getting this thread back on track KM as it was heading for the trash.

Re center boards. They are only aloud to sail with 1 down at a time. They can drop the other before a turn but have a set time to get the other one up.

Wonder how they will go in the 45s this time round?

Warped.

Thanks for getting this thread back on track KM as it was heading for the trash.

Re center boards. They are only aloud to sail with 1 down at a time. They can drop the other before a turn but have a set time to get the other one up.

Her question was;;;; If so anyone know the logic as to why such a rule?

The key word being logic--- like warm front forward logic

Here's hoping they pull finger in. the 45's this time around, saw a couple of the races where they got a good start and were doing ok but got smoked in straight line speed interesting in what is pretty much one design.

As for the 72 was thinking about there foiling control and looking at this video from about 1:08 it looks like there is a lot of backward angle on the foil.

Warped.

Knotme did you get the other kids to do your home work at school. Google it.

Ocean cruiser your comments are not very nice :?

Do you have a problem with ETNZ? Or crew.orgers?

Eh? Not very nice.

he is bloody accurate. KM is the king of snide rhetoric and he and his groupee's just love making a rude comment, albeit KM tries to make them funny, and the rest like pwderell, ... are just plainrude on a new "Mega upload level"

Also what is KM doing talking foiling AC cats in this thread if he has not done his home work. Ocean's wit may be dry with that post or he may be spot on? One things for sure he is a breath of fresh air

Royals 780. ManY many people, probably 97% of the nation don't give a ducks arse about Team UAE / Dalton and the AC but they are interested, thanks to Russell Coutts' in these machines and the new level of speed and difference they offer, but I feel that will wane just like most things these days.

Trying hard Royale but a couple of posters seem very determined to wonder the thread off in other knot relevant directions.

I suppose the one board at a time thing is all about costs. That does seem strange but then it isn't normal sailing by any stretch of the word.

Trying hard Royale but a couple of posters seem very determined to wonder the thread off in other knot relevant directions.

WTF... differing directions?

The topic is AC72 design and the flow of the conversation is quite open and the posts are all related to the questions raised/posed and the responses relevant.

or are there some unspoken groupee / hipee rules we are not aware of?

and as for thread drift? ... don't even go there with that kind of :crazy:

Found this -
47.3 Preventing windward daggerboard increasing righting moment After starting, an AC72 yacht shall have the windward board draft stripe(s) visible so to confirm that the board is no more than 0.500 m below MWP, unless one of the following applies:

(a) the windward board does not penetrate the surface of the water for more than 15 continuous seconds;

(B) the yacht is within 300m of a mark;

© the yacht is within 30 seconds prior to and after tacking or gybing;

(d) the yacht is sailing less than 15 knots;

(e) the yacht is sailing at less than 90% of its performance relative to the other yacht(s);

(f) the yacht is taking a penalty.

So they don't want foils being inverted and grunting the boats up even more is my guess. When ya think about it if you had the chance you could make the beasts do all sorts of good sh*t, if you had uncontrolled use of the blades/foils. So I suppose it does come down to the cost as that would step it up a lot I'd expect.

Archived