cherub

that looks great!

where is it and how much!?

That would be perfect Jordon.

Get rid of the Phase 2 and use the money for the bits you need to make the cat go.

You could even paint it Pink and White like a baby Sundreamer.

Much better than talking about Cherubs, isn't it ?

It was all in good nick last time i used it, but I broke a rudder cassette. I have built new ones. So basically it needs the tramps re-laced and its good to go. I really dont know if I want to sell it. Hasn't got a trailer

Shame on YOU, Mr Wolf, and YOU, SJB

Corrupting a vulnerable sailor into one of those err.. multihulls.

Now listen to me Jordon, it's all crap

1.Multihulls don't point

2. all multihull sailors are either mad, or smoke way to much pot.

3. When you see boats like timberwolf, or G3, (or Putiki Express) scream past you, it's not truely happening. They do it with smoke and mirrors.

4. You get far too wet going upwind at +12knots. Your wife get's very cross with having to wash your clothes all the time. (I had to wash my own clothes at BOI raceweek !!!, ranout of clothes)

No, Jordan, stick to a mono dinghy, and later you can upgrade by dragging some lead wherever you go. Everybody knows a good sailor needs to be able to work on a boat that lists at least 25 degrees, and if the other half doesn't like it, you married the wrong one.

No, be like me, sail for years on a monoslug, sorry monohull, and don't change to a multi till your twilight years. The only reason I've changed is that I'm not as stable on the old pins, and with not that much time left, it's the only way I can use up my quota of sailing miles before I sail off this tempestuous sea.

I had better go lie down, that was hard work.....

Grab it JH, you will enjoy it.

But be warned - Apparently you'll constantly have to trash every other boat just to justify to yourself why you own a multi and you'll never get the thrill and/or excitement (or skills needed) of getting a slow pig into the 20kt+ range, but it's OK we understand :twisted: :twisted: ;)

j.harkin, you are all over the show like the proverbial!

Your original post got me inspired to watch out for Cherubs myself. There is one - the mighty Stonelonger - on TM right now for $750 or near offer, ready to sail (although needing a road trailer) and in Auckland (on the Shore actually):

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 622622.htm

i know! it is too hard to decide what to get though, that cherub is a bit much but mummy said we'll sea. the reason for me wanting a jav/cherub again is because i saw some out a couple of weeks ago and they looked like awesome fun.

j.harkin, you are all over the show like the proverbial!

Your original post got me inspired to watch out for Cherubs myself. There is one - the mighty Stonelonger - on TM right now for $750 or near offer, ready to sail (although needing a road trailer) and in Auckland (on the Shore actually):

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 622622.htm

Have been looking at that one myself Murky but can't decide between a Cherub and a Javelin! Javelin's look like a lot of fun tho!

SJB, what classes are there in Napier that I could race in if I had something along these lines? I imagine there would be a Javelin class? Seems there are not so many Cherub races around these days... Although why am I asking you, you'll just want me to get a PT so I can beat you, I mean you can beat me... :think: :think: :sailor:

Other idea is to find something that needs a bit of work for a winter project, but I think I don't want to have to do to much work on it, just sail it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes yes get one, I need someone to beat, got 2 "DFL" last weekend :oops: :x

Not much with the classes down here at the moment Benny.

Opts

Few P's

Few Starlings

Lasers both radials & standards

Plenty of OK's

PT's 8 to 10

Int 14 one

couple of fireballs

couple of Flying fifteens

Bunch of trailer sailers.

2 weekends ago I sailed at New Plymouth in a PT regetta (22 boats) I got 11th :clap: , the javelins where having the "Saunders Cup" at the same time I think there where 7 of them, top three within a point of each other. http://www.javelins.org/index.html

Off this weekend to Turangi for the "North Island Fresh Water Champs" should be a good fleet 25 to 30 boats, plus we camp in the grass outside the yacht club, of course there will be plenty of self induced sleeping habits. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Archived