What a SHAMBLES

TimW

Could it possibly be organised any worse?

The Route 66, Round Waiheke and Squaddy Commodores Cup Race to Te Kouma are all organised for the same weekend, March 3rd.

Following weekend is the Waikato Gulf Raid.

It would be nice to keep the Round Waiheke Tradition going but I expect those entered in the Route 66 will want to do that while those Squaddy members in the Commodores Cup will want to do that.

It is time for the Clubs to get together and arrange their events a bit better.

In My opinion one of the key functions of the NZMYC should be to try to avoid these types of clashes

In My opinion one of the key functions of the NZMYC should be to try to avoid these types of clashes

Key function of one club to try and coordinate 3 other clubs? really?

is a sad clash though.

I may be doing the te Kouma race on a leaner, but want to do Waiheke on the voom..

Hi Tim,

The NZMYC does not organise these races but we do try to make our voice heard when a clash like this comes up.

I was on the Richmond committee when we were trying to sort out the Route 66 clash. Unfortunately it was unavoidable. I am sure this is the case for the Round Waiheke.

There has been some good effort by the volunteers at the Richmond and the Squadron to prevent clashes and there are meetings between the clubs to make your racing as good and as clash free as possible.

The issue is that there are a lot of races and not enough weekends.

It is a hard one. Join one of the committees and see if you can fix it.

Clive.

Tim sometimes you really write some dumb stuff.

One club looking after the programmes of all the others so you can do the races that you want to, you would have to provide the NZMYC with your schedule first so they could then make sure it worked for you as i'm sure that you would not agree with what the volunteers at the NZMYC thought were important races for multi’s.

Yeh Tim How Dum " One Club (ring) to rule them all, one Club (ring) to bind them" Oh sorry wrong fantasy my Precious...

Come on guys how hard would it be for the clubs to work together a little better. Perhaps the time has come for the Greater metropolitan club of Auckland to be born. With the reduction of membership and the loss of some of the old clubs do we really need so many clubs in Auckland?

Come on guys how hard would it be for the clubs to work together a little better.

Peter stop winding Tim up! :lol:

As you know we have the AYBA meetings at the beginning of the season where we all thrash out our calendars and try to avoid clashes.

We then have the club committee meetings where we try and change plans to accomodate.

Take a look at the club calendars and see how full they are. Too many races/events and not enough weekends at this time of year.

Too many clubs, too many events, not enough boats to fill them all, but plenty of egos.

Let's start by merging Weiti into GHYC, after all the last time they had a fleet that would be, say as large as a C div out of Westhaven was some time back in 2008. Prime candidates

Tim sometimes you really write some dumb stuff.

One club looking after the programmes of all the others so you can do the races that you want to, you would have to provide the NZMYC with your schedule first so they could then make sure it worked for you as i'm sure that you would not agree with what the volunteers at the NZMYC thought were important races for multi’s.

If there are 3 events running at the same time and they each get 5 entries my point is that I think there would be better racing if all 15 did the same event in one year (say the Round Waiheke), in the 2nd year all 15 did the Route 66 and in the 3rd year all 15 did the RNZYS Te Kouma race.

The great thing is when you are racing you have other boats around you of a similar speed. The more there are the better.

If there are 3 events running at the same time and they each get 5 entries my point is that I think there would be better racing if all 15 did the same event in one year (say the Round Waiheke), in the 2nd year all 15 did the Route 66 and in the 3rd year all 15 did the RNZYS Te Kouma race.

The great thing is when you are racing you have other boats around you of a similar speed. The more there are the better.

As I recall this was discussed. Ask Dave for the minutes from last year and you can see what the conclusion was.

The RNZYS Te Kouma race (Race 4 of the Commodore's Cup) is open to members of the Squadron only and not all Multi’s are members so the fleet would split there. There are currently 11 boats entered for the series.

Rock/hard place for this year. I think the Volvo also had something to do with the clash too as weekends were really scarce to move races to.

The 2011-12 calendar for the AYBA has 816 sailing events in it there are bound to be some clashes especially in the summer and suggesting that the work each clubs volunteers do on behalf of us is shambolic is just DUMB.

The best events will attract the best fleets, end of story, simple survival of the fittest. and lets face it how many times do you need to race around waiheke in a year anyway. i'm sure looking at the calendar you could do it more than half a dozen times if you really want.

need to race around waiheke in a year anyway.

Hells teeth Booger just because some race instructions say leave Matiatia to Starboard doesn't mean you have to go right round the bloody thing :shock:

Yeh Tim How Dum " One Club (ring) to rule them all, one Club (ring) to bind them" Oh sorry wrong fantasy my Precious...

Come on guys how hard would it be for the clubs to work together a little better. Perhaps the time has come for the Greater metropolitan club of Auckland to be born. With the reduction of membership and the loss of some of the old clubs do we really need so many clubs in Auckland?

H28 club could've rolled into a tramping club, chess club and a "watching the grass grow club". Oh yeah also the used to be a sailor club too! :wave: :evil: 8)

Soon Pedro, we'll sail & drink!

Archived