Round New Zealand updates

News Flash

Garth Morgan hijacks a Supertanker 34 and goes in chase of wayward Vikings and Maori Activists. He was to be accompanied by Pete Bethune but was concerned any sightings of any Japanese may result in Pete jumping off the boat and hugging large mammals.

just in from Sunstone

Hi Steve,

Frustrating day yesterday until late afternoon. Light beating in a lumpy swell - not exactly Sunstone forte. Breeze veered and filled late to give pleasant sailing nearly making the course required. Looks like we're pretty far off the pace though. We'll see what happens when the going gets tough.

Regards, T&V

Looks like Pelagians just tacked.

130+ nm behind the leaders with boatspeed only average.

Poised to strike when the weather changes! :? Would be nice to see some reward come out of that strategy.

Sweepstake thread has gone quite quiet...

I'd love to know just how intentional that move was. Possibly a good weather one or maybe we have just seen a 'Ah the sun is up, that's nice. Err... hang on where is NZ gone? Oh Crap I was looking at the chart plotter upside down!!' tack :lol:

this is the situation weahter wise on sat midday..... if the pic loads properly...60kn se in cook st/...!! damn don't see that much on the weather models often..!! lets hope all boats are well past there by then...and where is pelagian going.... some one needs to give them a weather update..!!.. west was best about 3 days ago....

post-2848-141887196956_thumb.gif

I just had a good look at the weather, as per Oracles post, its NASTY- 60+kts from the SW......

If Metvuw is right then I would think they are best to run and hide somewhere ASAP. Maybe Nelson?

Predict wind doesn't have it coming through yet.

The leaders could head to Nelson but Pelagion probably needs to look a little closer to home, Nelson = almost 400 miles from where they are now and they wont be doing 200mile days tomorrow or Friday to be clear of it. Even for the leaders its 225nm to Nelson which is doable and if that forecast happens probably worthwhile doing.

Looking at Metvuw - if it is correct - I would have thought they would be well south of the worst of that storm before it hits - considering where they are today.

M

I bloody hope not Ive managed to jag a box for me and 19 mates for the blimin cricket

That's ok, you'll have more fun watching the grass grow than seeing the Black Caps play :lol:

Ha you should do the route 66 then drive home and leave the boat there

Archived