Round New Zealand updates

Looking at the forecast through to Sunday afternoon it would appear that they would not get anything too severe, but for the back half they will have around 20kn+ on the nose whereas the frontrunners are going get a reach in.

only 68nm to go for truxton.....they'lll be there in the morning..!!

a quick leg for the 2 front runnners...

think the tail 4 boats might take a while longer...another 2 days?

Just got up and had a peek at the tracker - Awesome work by Truxton, they shoul dbe there soon. Sorry for the backmarkers who'll be left beating the last bit into 20 odd kn.

looks like truxton is in and sureal not far behind. Go skinner, he is having a blinder of a race so far.

Revs have really dropped of the pace in this leg.

I'll answer that

RNZ Race News

Vingalot finished at 20:15. Danaide finished at 22:25. Pelagian finished at 05:30 Sunstone finished at 08:22. All boats in Napier

Thanks SSANZ.

Good to see everyone in before the skys open again.

Hopefully that leg was drama free for all. Mind you after the last one that wouldn't be that hard I'd expect.

My extremely unnoficial (read don't trust it) notes have the points :

tot l1 l2 l3 boat

7 1 5 1 Truxton

8 3 3 2 Surreal

12 6 2 4 Vingilot

13 2 8 3 Coppelia

15 4 6 5 Danaide

17 9 1 7 Sunstone

18 5 7 6 Pelagian

19 7 4 8 Revs

Suspect Truxton and Surreal in particular will have just a slight interest in the weather later this week.

Whens the restart likely to be? I hope they give them a break and wait the worst of this bit of weather out.

The SSANZ home page is showing a restart at 0800 Wednesday. I hope this next weather pattern misses them. It is currently forecast to track southwest so they might be in luck.

Team Surreal are having a most fantastic time. In fact we are quite sad that the end is now in sight.... :(

Jeez we might even have to go back to work or something !

It has been suggested that all the crews (except Surreal's) will need councilling for post traumatic stress. Team Surreal's crew only need to be booked in to a rehab centre to dry out!

Anyway, what challenge can we do next? Need to find something to fill the gap...

Archived