Round New Zealand updates

Team Surreal's crew only need to be booked in to a rehab centre to dry out!

The reason for such consumption being -

- Stress relief

- End of leg wind down programme

- fighting off dehydration

- to make Tim look attractive

- Just love the stuff.

Best knot to pick Option 4 publicly I'd suspect :lol:

All the best for the last legs teams. Bring everything and one home safe.

My extremely unnoficial (read don't trust it) notes have the points :

tot l1 l2 l3 boat

7 1 5 1 Truxton

8 3 3 2 Surreal

12 6 2 4 Vingilot

13 2 8 3 Coppelia

15 4 6 5 Danaide

17 9 1 7 Sunstone

18 5 7 6 Pelagian

19 7 4 8 Revs

Suspect Truxton and Surreal in particular will have just a slight interest in the weather later this week.

markm is this the overall points table after the finish of leg 3? Is this in order of Line / IRC / PHRF? Ive scoured the SSANZ site & their facebook page for an overall table to no avail. thanks

PHRF, as said very unofficial and not having read to NoR recently, I may well be doing a small injustice to Sunstone.

Line, haven't worked it all out but I'd guess Surreal as one or two points ahead of Truxton.

and line,

tot l1 l2 l3 boat

6 3 1 2 Surreal

7 1 5 1 Truxton

12 4 4 4 Revs

15 5 7 3 Coppelia

15 7 3 5 Vingilot

18 6 6 6 Danaide

19 9 2 8 Sunstone

23 8 8 7 Pelagian

Haven't checked if Krakatoa and Panthers results are discarded for overall scoring given they've withdrawn. The above is counting them, it will again be a point of some interest to Surreal and Truxton.

I'm struggling to find a crew list for the boats. Some were profiled on Crew but I can't track down the full crew list on the SSANZ site. Any help?

I'm struggling to find a crew list for the boats. Some were profiled on Crew but I can't track down the full crew list on the SSANZ site. Any help?

Not the easiest to find

http://www.ssanz.co.nz/documents/eventsPDFs/SSANZ%20RNZ%20WEBfinal.pdf

Its on the ssanz site and click on the brochure which has a full list.

Or a particial list here

http://www.rnzys.org.nz/RoyalNewZealandYachtSquadronHomePage/tabid/36/ctl/Details/mid/495/ItemID/900/Default.aspx

Cheers

Danaide's in a spot of bother. Wave broke a window at about 3am and they shipped a fair bit of water. On their way to shelter. Bit choppy.

Looks as if Crafty Crofty is running the same race plan as RNI (worked last time so watch this space :wink: ). Go Surreal - bring it home boys

From Herald:

The stern of the stricken cargo ship Rena has moved overnight, spilling containers into the rough seas and creating a moving debris field.

Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) said observation flights this morning showed an unknown quantity of containers and debris had been dislodged from the ship as a storm band crossed the Bay of Plenty last night.

Bay of Plenty Regional Council's harbourmaster has issued a navigational safety warning over the spill.

The debris was moving between the Rena and Motiti Island, though changing tides and weather conditions could alter its course, a statement said.

Archived