winter sailing ?

I'm looking to get invovled in some sort of sailing over the winter months but have found that the yacht clubs close by (northcote, birkenhead Akl city ish area!) run their winter series on weekends which I'd find difficult to commit to... anyone know anyone sailing week nights? I thought I saw something about a wed night series at Northcote / Birkenhead yacht club but havent been able to make contact with anyone. I just dont think I could go a whole winter and not step foot aboard a boat! Any / all help great appreciated!

Got to put the punt in here....Missed opportunity Otherwise!

Up to 26 Clubs winter Series is starting 16th May.

Al McGlauchlan Trophy for the first race. Mass start for all boats....Should be Chaos....oh er.....I mean lots of fun.

8 race days- approx every fortnight. 8 race days - 16 races - mix of harbour and ww/lw days.

Get into it any lost small boaters...there were near 50 boats out during the last winter series across the 3 divisions...and we are looking at adding more this year if the numbers decide to come along.

We are working hard to get more 1/4 ton class boats out again....so if you know anyone- give them a nudge.

www.upto26club.org.nz

Archived