I need a reporter - One bottle of Mount Gay to be had

Just received this - I can't do it as it coincides with a family obligation.

If anyone wants to fill in for me and write it up there's a bottle of Mount Gay's finest for you

Dear all

First of all I’d like to introduce myself – Virginia Hales from the New Caledonia Tourism Board. I work alongside manager Karen Priest and together we are the voice of New Caledonia in New Zealand.

We were informed by our Noumea head office on Monday of well-known Caledonian sailor named Tugdual Piriou coming to Auckland this week for yacht regattas. (He arrived yesterday) He is also heavily involved in the Groupama Race, the non-stop sailing race around New Caledonia. The first event took place in October 2008 and the next one will take place in September 2010.

Tugdual is accompanied by fellow yachtsman Alan Quéré

Tugdual and Alan are very keen to maximise their time here this week by speaking to the New Zealand sporting press about the 2010 Groupama Race.

PRESS DAY - THIS COMING MONDAY MAY 3RD, NEW CALEDONIA TOURISM OFFICES

General Buildings, Level 3, 33 Shortland St

It has been decided to organise a press day here at the New Caledonia Tourism offices this coming Monday, May 3rd

Tugdual and Alan at this stage are available from 11am onwards for interviews

Please can you contact me at your earliest convenience to arrange an interview time.

If you are not able to come on Monday there is the option to phone our office for a telephone interview, please can you advise which time would suit you so I can book it in.

Tugdual and Alan will also be available to speak to journalists during this weekend’s regatta; they will be based at the Royal Akarana Yacht Club this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Details of the regatta are attached to this email.

I have attached also an English-language brochure on the Groupama Race

Kind regards

Virginia

Somebody - I can't miss my daughter's graduation.

Hi David

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

Tugdual and Alan were both are keen to get some exposure on your site, they asked me particularly to invite you

Hope you manage to get someone to stand in!

Kind regards

Virginia

Tugdual and Alan were both are keen to get some exposure on your site

Is it possible that they could contribute their own views? Sure, it would not be subject to "journalistic scrutiny" but there are plenty of people here who offer up their professional perspective with regard to the conventions of the site.

All they need is a login - they could have done it from New Cale! Or the airport. "Book your hour for a press conference" is a very old-media approach.

Then members could engage in a dialogue with them as we do with anyone else (including each other) as to why certain construction materials, tactics etc were used.

Archived