RNZ...recollections and tall tales evening....

Cameron

Who would you want to hear from most ?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to hear from most ?

• Danaide
    • Expedition Coppelia
    • Pelagian
    • Revs
    • Sunstone
    • Surreal
    • Truxton
    • Vingilot

Now assuming SSANZ and crew.org somehow arranged a few competitors from the RNZ race to give a presentation/short talk on their experiences...

No promises...and Revs being Wellington based could be difficult... but we might be able to make something happen

Cool... looks like I'm going to get the night off ! Not many people want to know about the Beneteau that snuck under the radar prerace then proceeded to consistently keep producing solid results with very little drama. Bloody boring ! Bet there would have been much more interest if we had bent/broken it !

Not surprises with Pelegian being the top choice, hope we can twist his arm. Great news is Kurt is a great and entertaining speaker!

Actually Cameron I'd love to hear how you guys stole a march on the rest going down the west coast - looks like all your RNI experience came to the fore there so I think you Surreal guys should front up too - please?

If an evening did eventuate your participation would kind of balance things out I reckon.

Do you have a date in mind for this? Just thinking that if it was around the same weekend as the prize giving then more of us out of towners may be able to make it - maybe Revs is planning to come to the prize giving?

Always a problem with only 3 choices Cam ---there are characters on all the boats that l would like to hear speak ,including you and Tim (on the Beneteau in case any one missed it --Surreal )--Rob and Sally , John and Paddy , Chris , Charles and the youngest competitor (19) on the Cav ,Kurt and Matt, tom and Vicki , and even the Rev boys --all have stories to tell .

I like the idea of Rob telling us about the Quiz mistress on Stewart island and why he was so quick leaving !!!!

The V Team wrote:

I like the idea of Rob telling us about the Quiz mistress on Stewart island and why he was so quick leaving !!!!

sounds like an interesting story

Actually the story we could tell/embelish... would be far more entertaining than the boring reality !

As to why 3 choices... simply cause I wanted to find out the favourite choices. Hopefully we will have more than 3-4 speakers but if it happens I'd want to target the crowdpleasers !

Understand that but its a difficult choice as there are so many perspectives ----anyway l thought sailors always embellish the truth and l'm sure the Stewart island and Napier stories can be added to.

Archived