yacht hull

Tiller

If I am correct, P.E is a David Tiller (Tiller in crew.org - he designed / built Truxton) design. A little 6.5 canter I think?? Was sailing in last SIMRAD small boat div.

By ex. Im not sure whether he made a second one or its a mould etc...

It goes like stink downwind, we were doing 14-16 on the GPS with the masthead spin up and they went past us in a massive cloud of spray. It looked like steam was coming off the bow. Race 2 of the Simrad 2011 i think, heading north to Haystack. There was a bit of carnage on that leg, had to take the pole, kite and sheet home to the workshop to press the Jib clip out of the parrots beak.

Still have the hull but if no one wants it off to tip

Building new boat at moment but also have plans for a 10.5 yacht that i was going to build but have altered my thoughts.

10.5 at 3500kg have keel design too, the boat has a chine.

i can see nathan digging into my skillset in the near future. but we did beat it sometimes in the 2 handed on the mighty 727 (bashing to windward). looked like it could have done with a bigger headsail. and some upwind weight. add some water? recon it'll carry 727 rags plus some. we been trying hard to break a 727 and cant but there is still time yet. have a go breaking this now.

:twisted: :wtf:

looked like it could have done with a bigger headsail. and some upwind weight. add some water? recon it'll carry 727 rags plus some. .

Nah, just a big square top and big gennys will work :wink:

in the ssanz race we had good ride to haystack but sheared bolt stopping keel swinging for and aft so nursed it home without destroying centrecase. Only had 150 kg on c/b bulb. 1800 down.

Archived