a winter day sail on wellington harbour?

I hope this is the right place to be asking..

I am looking for someone who would be willing to take my family and I out for a potter around Wellington Harbour on the 30th May , Weather permitting.

That is my 40th birthday, and as a keen wannabe sailor, I'd love to take the family out and try and get them as hooked on the idea as I am. There are 2 adults and two kids (8 and 11)

My sailing experience is limited to 3 days on the Solent about 20 years ago, Wife and kids have never sailed..

I realise its not a very appealing prospect , taking out a bunch of newbies like that, especially given the time of year. If anyone knows of anyone that might be able to help me please let me know.. I don't expect someone to agree to this out of the goodness of their hearts, I'll be happy to cover costs or make a donation to their sailing fund or whatever..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

one word of advice, I learnt the hard way , take the wife out on a nice day, 10-15kts max must be warm must be sunny, only sail with someone who dosn't yell or panic, and can "park" the boat with out fuss, you only get one chance at a first impreson and you want them to in joy it ! :D

We'll take you out. No charge. Morning (10am?) of the 30th May would be best as the wind is lighter that time of the day and we have a race in the afternoon.

We have kids of a similar age and sail (and race) as a family so we can set a good example for how much enjoyment you can get out of sailing.

If the weather's not favourable (more than 10-15kn) we're happy to take you out another day instead.

We only have a small keel boat (26feet) so if you get an offer to go out on a bigger boat it might be worthwhile taking that up for the first trip out.

If you're keen, drop me an email with your contact details

Wendy

(silverhail.nz@gmail.com)

thanks for the very kind offer Wendy, have just emailed you.

and thanks to everyone else for good advice..

its all down to Wellington not being too windy now.. :roll:

cheers

Craig

Wendy, without standing on toes maybe we could take Cosmic, put Gareth on the helm and go for a blast i would be more than happy with this. It would be great to have another family the same age as ours involved in sailing.Anyway shouldnt you be saving your energy for the ladies race?

Cheers Paul.

Wendy, without standing on toes maybe we could take Cosmic, put Gareth on the helm and go for a blast i would be more than happy with this. It would be great to have another family the same age as ours involved in sailing.Anyway shouldnt you be saving your energy for the ladies race?

Cheers Paul.

Nice one Paul. Thanks. Will be in touch.

Ladies race? All in for that but saving my full energy for the Ladies SERIES later in the year.

Archived