Lombardini engines and sail drives

Bad Kitty

I'm lead to believe that the Lombardinis are marinised Kubota engines. They should be reasonably strong and things like oil filters can probably be purchased at tractor supply shops at a fraction of the price marine engineers will charge.

Ta Squid, do you think they'll tell me if they are crap if I ring them of the ad? :lol:

But yes I am quite keen on a couple, throw them in & lose 100kg's out of the boat compared to Yamnmar!

Talkrd to a guy who had the 40 horse in a motor yacht and he raved about how quiet and civilised it was,. It was a Logan (think but not sure) t Napier. Beautiful thing.

Wow! That's so cool. 8) Most discussions about Yanmar replacements tend to be Beta vs Nanni?

Never heard anyone consider one of these tho. Imagine how fast BK would go. :shock:

Lamborghini_Murci%C3%A9lago_with_engine.jpg

The lamborghini 12s are BIG engines .... you'd probably need to re-jig your engine rooms to stick them in Bad Kitty. :) Not to mention the extra fuel tankage you'd require to run them for any length of time.

It'd be fun though :)

You talking about the car or the woman? :lol:

Car / Car ? What car ? where's the car ?

That'd make my boat go much faster especially if - my 'cheese & kisses' found out I'd had one - custom hand fitted. Ciao, james

Just to help with this extremely technical discussion here are a couple of alternative angles on this, errrr..... Lambo option. Amazing units for sure. Maybe I should think about this too?

42653147_d8253607fb_z.jpg

Lamborghini-at-the-Detroi-001.jpg

lamborghini-reventon-roadster-live-at-2009-frankfurt-motor-show-img_1.jpg

Lamborghini+Revent%25C3%25B3n+Roadster+1.jpg

Back on subject, Murray Ross' cat had a couple of those engines so would be worth dropping him a line.

Reading the Lomba specs and seeing aluminium head, indirect injection, overhead cam and rubber timing belt sounds very much like the VW Golf diesel i thankfully no longer have in my boat. Too many complications

What's wrong with the grey engines? They are still the simplest thing around, maybe a pair of new sail drives to replace your problem ones (you could pick up the ZF units Nanni & Beta use)

Archived