marauder mk 2

Finally got the big jobs out of the way. Bottom scraped right back, refaired and primed. Sounds easy but it wasn't.....

Got the rudder back on, cockpit shower refitted and plimbed back in, throttle refitted, new skinfittings and raymarine speed and depth transducers fitted, and a new boottop stripe added.

This weekend I have to do the antifoul, refit the modified pushpit(thanks Cookie), paint the non skid in the cockpit, install my cockpit lights, fit the locker hatches and tidyup. Then I'm pretty much done.

IMG-20121006-00476.jpg

IMG-20121007-00477.jpg

IMG-20121007-00480.jpg

Got my new signwriting on and finished up all the other small jobs, new raymarine instruments fitted, stereo with cockpit remote fitted, cockpit lights fitted...

Splashing on thursday(hopefully). Its actually been good that launch date was delayed while waiting for the wheels that go under the cradle as I have got way more done than I thought I would and she's now fully pimped out!

Rodney-20121104-00521.jpg

Rodney-20121104-00522.jpg

Na im pretty sure thats a standard mk1.

It is a really tidy boat though with a good perfomance history. I have been on it a few times and it has some nice North headsails on it.

I actually have no idea on the exact number, Im just under 6ft and I can stand up right through to the main bulk head (galley) if I duck the last cabintop beam.

Here are a few more shots to show what can me done to modernise the marauders. They are great little boats.

P1000288 - Copy.JPG

P1000293 - Copy.JPG

P1030210 - Copy.JPG

The boat was launched with that rig, its a foam core hull with a deeper heavier keel and a 1.4m taller rig. The rig is the same size as a Y88 but with a 1m longer forestay.

I would never change the keel, its just a cruising boat for us.

Next on the list is a table and a prod (as spotted up the Weiti river a few weeks back.....)

1234281_715663075117194_1239120630_n.jpg

Archived