New Wild Thing

Fogg

I think our handicap of about .764 is about right......
So you are thinking you are slower than a old 9.3mt family cruiser designed by a Mr Ross?? ;)

Having stolen my cockpit you should be faster :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think our handicap of about .764 is about right......
So you are thinking you are slower than a old 9.3mt family cruiser designed by a Mr Ross?? ;)

Having stolen my cockpit you should be faster :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe so.... the 8.4's are a 1986 design, 700mm shorter. and made from trees. So you'd hope the Ross was quicker wouldn't you :D

Best way to find out is to come and race us up at Weiti this Sunday. 10am Start. Will be a triangle course, so you need to be able to start and sail upwind, reach and run etc :wink:

Maybe so.... the 8.4's are a 1986 design , we are Pre 1980 and the boat was floating before yours was even designed, 700mm shorter. and made from trees solid glass, core-mat and a fence post, with a smaller sail area while being a lot heavier and dragging a keel similar in design to what's been found in caves drawn in animal blood 1000's of years ago :lol: . So you'd hope the Ross was quicker wouldn't you :D

I would like to think so but I'm sure as shite aren't holding my breath or willing to put cold bevvies on it as yet.

Best way to find out is to come and race us up at Weiti this Sunday. 10am Start. Will be a triangle course, so you need to be able to start and sail upwind, reach and run etc :wink:

Can't broken but can do downwind and reaching OK, upwind is marginal :) Starting is a shocker, mind you last Sunday I did OK on that for a change.

Is WT the same as What's News? Mark Racetrack has that quicker than me by a smidgen.

I'll be back for the WBC Shorty Series. That is a ripper so book it in and we can both give BnG a bad day...... fingers crossed :)

Starting is a shocker! That's an understatement KM! Mind you if you're at the line within an hour of the start that's pretty good for you :lol:

Don't trust him KM, he's just talking down his handicap but the Weiti handicapping department isn't quite that gullable.

FWIW, Wild Thing would be able to beat BnG 8 or 9 races in 10 before the mods and a general rule of thumb with race oriented boats is that when their mod'd, they go faster afterwards.

Of course that's no excuse for the Reptile to be losing to her

Don't trust him KM, he's just talking down his handicap but the Weiti handicapping department isn't quite that gullable.

FWIW, Wild Thing would be able to beat BnG 8 or 9 races in 10 before the mods and a general rule of thumb with race oriented boats is that when their mod'd, they go faster afterwards.

Of course that's no excuse for the Reptile to be losing to her

Yeah, we used to be just a click quicker than the top 930's with our wing mast. That's based on our last CC performance, which was tight reaching and ideally suited for a wing mast setup. Hopefully the rest of the mods and some new sails will have filled that gap from removing the wing mast. Our PHRF used to be .795 But I doubt we'l sail to WT's potential for a little while as we have quite a few gaps in the sail inventory etc.

WTF, Mark knot going me for a change. You must be naughty or really trying to rewrite something WT. Every time I do that Mark pops up to correct the error of my ways so nice to see him picking on someone else for a change :lol:

When I last saw WT and heards it's intended sailing waters etc I did think "Bugger, BnG and now WT to content with". But that's a good thing as we'll all have to work hard or suffer some possible heavy ribbing by each other and even worse Mark, the cheeky sod. I should come back faster than currently so I hope to keep WT honest...... or as honest as possible.

Agree Mark, the WBC system only allows you to get away with a suspect handicap for a short period. It is one of the better ones for adjusting into a fair place pretty damn quick. I learnt that a season or 2 back when someone/s underestimated my old family cruiser...... didn't they ;) :lol: :lol:

I like what you've done with WT. She's looking damn smart and some of the smaller trick bits are very sexy, so much so I may have to copy bits, the cockpit is 1st.

hhmmmm so...BnG 0.804...WT 0.765?? WTF!!! Hhhhmmm suspect that will need look at! Certainly she has very nice legs for a yellow banana .... BnG will need to find a new gear or three if we were to maintain anywhere near the front placings in future....GREAT!!! who ever does the handicapping should be look at this now - unless WT wants to share the rum of course....?

Let us finish a race before the handicap gets given the skyrocket! At the moment we have a main a #3 and a reasonably large MH genny... That's it! So we'll be a bit lop sided for a while till I get some in between sails fill the gaps in the wardrobe ;-)

As for that Bump character.... I distinctly remember his " If you win the rum, we'll bring the coke" offer from Sunday! Clearly implying that he could be a willing beneficiary from a race or two of liberal handicapping! To be realistic, Bump beat us to the top mark last Sunday, so it probably wouldn't hurt to round that .805 to a more reflective and deserving .810 - Just a suggestion for the man on the numbers...

WTF, Mark knot going me for a change. You must be naughty or really trying to rewrite something WT. Every time I do that Mark pops up to correct the error of my ways so nice to see him picking on someone else for a change :lol:

I don't know what you're talking about?! I'm 100% legit.

Archived