New Wild Thing

Fogg

I don't there will be any kind of result. The RO pulled the plug when we were about 50m from the top mark. So the show was over.

To be fair that was after 1 hr 20min of 'racing', and a significant number of boats were still closer to the start line than the top mark...

My master plan with going left was to plug into the 'building southerly'..... first to the wind wins the race.... and avoid the tide comming out of the river on the right if you ever got close enough to the top mark.

If you could drift that fast with a #3, well... I am concerned with all these boats that weight less than our keel, bring on 25knts and a good chop I say :D

I'm not having a bleat at all. I understand that boat's wouldn't have got back in the river if the race went on longer. Although in another 20 mins we would have had wind! White division started in time to get the last of the early breeze, so we got up the track a bit further with that. We were sitting on about 0.2 knots boat speed when the race stopped! top speed was 1.8 knots during the race!

We'll raced in 20kts and big waves the week before with GH, WT was fine. :-)

I'm not having a bleat at all. I understand that boat's wouldn't have got back in the river if the race went on longer. Although in another 20 mins we would have had wind! White division started in time to get the last of the early breeze, so we got up the track a bit further with that. We were sitting on about 0.2 knots boat speed when the race stopped! top speed was 1.8 knots during the race!

We'll raced in 20kts and big waves the week before with GH, WT was fine. :-)

Not at all WT, I didn't take it that way. Personally I can' think of anything more frastrating than trying to race a sail boat without wind, accept trying to do that while its raining. The breeze looked very nice in the afternoon, like I say, frustrating...

Looking forward to seeing how you go in 20 knts, its the only time we can get in front of Bump, providing we don't have any screw ups... So whats with all these turboed boats all of a sudden? Bump, W.T, Public Image with a new paint job and fit out...

Looking forward to seeing how you go in 20 knts, its the only time we can get in front of Bump, providing we don't have any screw ups....

And even then, Well catch you downwind :wink:

. So whats with all these turboed boats all of a sudden? Bump, W.T, Public Image with a new paint job and fit out...

its cause they're big dinghys that don't take 8 crew to run and are heaps of fun!!!

best thing about sundays drift fest was that it was cold enough to stop the beer warming up.

Don't worry Fish, your boat just looks so damn good after its birthday.

Which boat do you have Fish? Sorry, don't know many of the names or faces in the Weiti fleet just yet!

Archived