2012 SIMRAD

Jon

Only 3 weeks to get your Entry, PHRF and boat sorted.

Then come out and show us how we should have done it in the Round New Zealand Race

There will be a couple of interesting speakers at the Briefing

And remember that there is only one briefing now but you must attend.

We are almost good to go, PHRF over the next few days, renew ssanz membership (11th year, time flies) then chuck in an entry. Muttley talked me into a flash new sail today and I am ignoring my recent discovery on racetrack that they have us as 1st and 3rd for the two races we did last year despite where PHRF had us .... :wave:

Just figuring out the measurements of the new genni for the phrf and then i'll get the entry in. Missed the ssanz last year due to the lack of a mast so looking forward to it this year :thumbup:

The Marshall will be there, but not for the 50 unfortunately as I will still be in China. Looking forward to it!! Might have a few secret weapons from Norths to help out...

Cool Change will be there. Home next week so will get things sorted then.

your little sister will be there aswell... I think ....

Sailonline will be once again buddying up with SSANZ for this series. Sailonline will be running the longhaul series in Young 11s so hopefully will be reasonably competitive with some of the fleeet.

For those of you who haven't sailed on SOL for a while, there is a new BETA client which is getting close to becoming the standard one (although the old UI will remain available for a while while folks familiarise themselves with the new one) and I would therefore recommend that you think about checking it out!

If your family and friends know how to sail on SOL before you head out for the first Simrad race, think of the friendly rivalry racing against each other will bring!! :thumbup:

As an advertizer on CREW I thought I can get away with this.

Bea Marine have the new range out this week including a Top Down with 2400 SWL.

Also the new 012M Code Zero furler which is a light weight version of the original 010M also with 2400kg swl.

And there is more !! A 012R ( racing) model with carbon sheild.

And if you have a code zero furler and need a Top Down, we have the adaptor for you.

The highly successful 010S which a lot of you have, remains the same and is still the best value in town.

Sorry the web site hasn't been up-dated yet but we are still at the photo stage. Thought I should let you know in time for the Simrad.

Great news, Chains Ropes and Anchors has come up with $1000.00 of prizes again.

The prizes will be vouchers and will be for the best stories, pictures and video's

Remember that the rules are the stories don't need to contain the whole truth,

and the highest points will go for the best action shots (read wipe outs here)

We will discuss the results over a quite rum and no correspondence will be entered into.

This is all a bit of fun so get out there and dob your mates in.

Yeap, we want carnage on film, spreaders in the water on film, scandal, gossip, the hot chick over the back fence skinny dipping (I mean humans there for you rural types, knot sheep) and all that good shite.

Some good stories for the SSANZ site to add to the good list of goodies already there.

Don't forget all this also helps preserve the history of a now iconic NZ sailing event. It's worth us doing it so our grand-kids can look back and say "That was my Grandad (or Grandma), they must have been having fun. Hey look, the boat he's on is all made of carbon and has a swinging keel, how old school is that?"

beau can you translate that please ie WTF. Thanks

All he is saying is that he now has a bigger lightweight furling unit and a conversion to make either of them top down furlers for a gennaker. Basically just a swivel setup at the tack.

Yeap, we want carnage on film, spreaders in the water on film, scandal, gossip, the hot chick over the back fence skinny dipping (I mean humans there for you rural types, knot sheep) and all that good shite.

Some good stories for the SSANZ site to add to the good list of goodies already there.

Don't forget all this also helps preserve the history of a now iconic NZ sailing event. It's worth us doing it so our grand-kids can look back and say "That was my Grandad (or Grandma), they must have been having fun. Hey look, the boat he's on is all made of carbon and has a swinging keel, how old school is that?"

I won the $250 voucher last year for my start line trawl antics(in 5kts of wind...). Got some nice shiny new chain for my mooring in stillwater. Thanks KM!!

Boats have known this event will happen for at least a year. So why are so many right now panicking to get their boats sorted??? The grovelling level of 'I need it for the SIMRAD' is running at a high pace. One does have to laugh.

Masses of new furlers look like they will be losing their virginity come tomorrow week. I'm jealous :(

Very pleased to see the biggest proportion of them, we have played with, are Kiwi made and a nice blue colour. They are a very nicely made bit of kit.

So who gets the prize exactly : the one who makes the almighty cock-up or the one who videos/photographs it?? (Assuming they are different parties).

Archived