2012 SIMRAD

Jon

That is in the hands of the SSANZ Gods, knot I nor Knot Me :lol:

There seems to be way too many people quick to suggest I could easily be one of the vessels caught on film. As yet I have no sound argument to counter those suggestions with.

So who gets the prize exactly : the one who makes the almighty cock-up or the one who videos/photographs it?? (Assuming they are different parties).

It's a secret formulae

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you

But I will give you some hints

If you trawl your big gear in front of the entire fleet and everyone gets it on film then it could go to you but if your the one that gets the shot of your mates using there keel as a kite or video a raft inversion then your the man,

Humorous stories are always good or a fully edited YouTube video of the series would go along way.

Are we getting the picture ?

Great news, Chains Ropes and Anchors has come up with $1000.00 of prizes again.

The prizes will be vouchers and will be for the best stories, pictures and video's

Remember that the rules are the stories don't need to contain the whole truth,

and the highest points will go for the best action shots (read wipe outs here)

We will discuss the results over a quite rum and no correspondence will be entered into.

This is all a bit of fun so get out there and dob your mates in.

With Some luck - I won't be a recipient of an award this year......

Squid Vicious will be a starter.

So the forcast for the weekend looks like a glamor, 10-15 from the north. Whats the bet it ends up 30-35 from the south and snowing by saturday morning.

Only 2 days left to enter and plenty have said there entering that I don't see on the entry list.

Gappy if your roast is ready at the finish then come along side the finish boat and share, nice to see you have got into some real sailing at last.

Its a bummer there is such a split in the sports boat shorthaul fleet this time, R930s, R830s, R850s, SR26s, Eliott 7.8s and a few others in the shorthaul sports then R830s, E7.9s, E770s, R780s in the small boat mixing it with the piedys trackers, reactors and of course the gun boat might marauder!

Shame we can't all get together. I understand that its the barrier race that put a few off?

We certainly don't want to do a shorter course.

doesn't look like a 727 or 1/4 ton div will happen so we have to play beat up some faster boats. will try some sh!t out. game on mr Energy. you got a new bulb. we using our toys. been class configuration past years. quarter pint.

R830s, E7.9s, E770s, R780s in the small boat mixing it with the piedys trackers, reactors and of course the gun boat might marauder!

I thought Marauders were sports boats, surely?

Displacement 2545kg, sports div has had up to 3000kg boats so that must be a tick, even some 930s claim to be near that weight.

prod, tick, perhaps a little horizontally challenged relative to some, but still a tick on the modified Marauders.

so I hear, more kites and gennakers than there are yaks in Tibet, tick.

Possibly the hull and foil shapes are just the tinyest bit dated by modern standards and just maybe the deck and cockpit layouts don't quite manage the style factor of some others of today, but small items really. Looking at the larger picture, how could you not consider them sports designs, particularly the modifieds, so many reasons for yes and the cross marks are surely only on Esthetic points?

Its a bummer there is such a split in the sports boat shorthaul fleet this time, R930s, R830s, R850s, SR26s, Eliott 7.8s and a few others in the shorthaul sports then R830s, E7.9s, E770s, R780s in the small boat mixing it with the piedys trackers, reactors and of course the gun boat might marauder!

Shame we can't all get together. I understand that its the barrier race that put a few off?

That is a bit of a bummer. Didnt see the Elliott 7.9 drop into the next one down. And wondering why the SR's aren't so forthcoming with doing it either and i think having spoken to alot of small boat owners the Barrier course puts alot of them off. Spoke to three owners who said they love the first two races and the third is a pain in the proverbial on a little boat! Im just about to enter now but not sure i will make the third race yet. Got a bit on at work but boat may go without me yet.

Marshy

Wow a website that live updates! Alot of yacht clubs could learn from that!

Very clever guys. Just entered online and showing in the list.

Cheers

Marshy

That is a bit of a bummer. Didnt see the Elliott 7.9 drop into the next one down. And wondering why the SR's aren't so forthcoming with doing it either and i think having spoken to alot of small boat owners the Barrier course puts alot of them off. Spoke to three owners who said they love the first two races and the third is a pain in the proverbial on a little boat! Im just about to enter now but not sure i will make the third race yet. Got a bit on at work but boat may go without me yet.

Marshy

Yep, as someone about to start the shorthaul series in a 7m 900kg boat, I'm not looking forward to the Little Barrier race. I'd be keener to do the other course just for some twists and turn.

Perhaps we could ask for that course to be the automatic choice for the sports division in future years, as people who have these kind of boats aren't really looking for a beat/run race. We want a reach! Might help get the bigger boats out of the small boat division.

Even better wouldbe to figure out a course for that division that don't need a liferaft/dinghy for that race

Archived