Singlehanded transpac Frisco to Hawaii

Battgirl

I'm enjoying watching the Wyliecat 30 . Old cruiser racer with an unstayed cat rig and hanging in there.

No disrespect to the competitors but Squid, this is not a fleet over endowed with high quality racing hardware, Mr Bakewell-White would not be impressed.

There's maybe eight boats that would be any sort of challenge for a good 1020 or 88 and I think only the Open 50 would be in front of the better Y11s or E1050s.

Single handed racing is more about the person than the hardware. It's a great race with a huge sense of camaraderie among the racers past and present.

I think it is perfectly fair to compare the Wyliecat with some of the the others of similar w/l and vintage and he's going very well.

Or - what would BBW think of the entrants in the Single handed Trans Tasman -bunch of 30 yo shitboxes? Still a bloody good race.

Good on these guys for getting out and doing it. There is an interesting array of hardware there. Much respect to the guy sailing the Moore 24... how many of us would do the Fiji race on a Piedy??

It looks like the weather hasn't thrown much at them yet so the tactics have been pretty much: "point it at the finish and keep going... and going... and going".

There is an interesting array of hardware there. Much respect to the guy sailing the Moore 24... how many of us would do the Fiji race on a Piedy??
More like a turboed up Mk3 Harmonic than a PP. And why knot you big boat softie sailor :lol: :lol:

Interesting to see we think the US officials are overly anal yet I reckon more than a couple of the boats in that wouldn't get a NZ Cat 1. The Moore being just one.

Archived