picking stuff up with anchors

rigger

Wheels & I are on the same wavelength. We're talking hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, the 4 book trilogy.

It's been a while since I read them, but I thought the question was "what is the meaning of life?" and the answer 10,000 years later was 42, which was thought to be profound because no one remembered the question and so it was assumed that the answer was correct. Simply brilliant!

Plus one of my favourite characters in all of fiction - Marvin the Paranoid Android "Here I am. a brain the size of a planet , and you want me to watch the car".

Well seeing as we are now into a severe Thread Warp,

"Alright," said Deep Thought. "The Answer to the Great Question..."

"Yes ...!"

"Of Life, the Universe, and Everything ..." said Deep Thought.

"Yes ...!"

"Is ..." said Deep Thought, and paused.

"Yes ...!"

"Is ..."

"Yes ...!!!...?"

"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to take you to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction, 'cause I don't.

Arthur: I think that door just sighed.

Marvin: Ghastly, isn't it? All the doors on this spaceship have been programmed to have a cheery and sunny disposition.

Marvin: The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten million: they were the worst, too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that, I went into a bit of a decline.

Marvin: [talking about the Ultimate Question to the Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything] It's printed in the Earthman's brainwave patterns, but I don't suppose you'd be interested in knowing that.

Arthur Dent: You mean you can see into my mind?

Marvin: Yes.

Arthur Dent: Well?

Marvin: It amazes me how you manage to live in anything that small.

You barbarians! I'll sue the council for every penny it's got! I'l have you hung, drawn, and quartered! And whipped! And boiled...until...until...until you've had enough. And then I will do it again! And when I've finished I will take all the little bits, and I will JUMP on them! And I will carry on jumping on them until I get blisters, or I can think of anything even more unpleasant to do...

--Arthur Dent

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.

"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. "

"One's never alone with a rubber duck. "

Ford: Its uncomfortable, like being drunk.

Arthur: What's uncomfortable about being drunk??

Ford: Ask a glass of water

Brings back such happy memories. Actually I liked Dirk Bentleys Holistic Detective Agency too. what troubled me about all of them was that they made such sense!

To get in touch with my hidden 'teenage girl' I'm onto book 4 of the Twilight series. OK but knot stunning and far better than the movies.

Two of the WW yummy mummy's I hang with said it is written just like a teenage girl thinks. They were one in a past life apparently.

Teenage girls think very very weird. 3 books so far and knot one reference to turbos, motor oil, Playboys, Pied raft-ups or excessive amounts of beer. With this small insite to the young female mind all I can say is as they seem to make such simple things highly complex, no wonder they have to sit down to pee :lol: :lol:

Not long ago finished.

Part six of Three

"And Another Thing"

I am still not sure Arthur Dent found that decent cup of tea

Archived