Lets overload the boat to see if we can drown the kids

Nice shot of the little girl without a life jacket on. Do you think she was wearing it but maybe they took it off for photogenic reasons :?:

Arrr right OK. Sorry. Cover me in molasses and call me slow. I need to get with the program huh. Right so behind the camera person is open ocean and the beach is actually in the background. What 2Nm away. Yep real dangerous eh. Should be wearing Lifejackets. And even Dad is fooling himself wearing a dive suit. He would be bouyant legs up for a starter.

How's that?? :wink:

Much better Wheels. Now we can move on to getting Cyfs involved for abuse of the children and the fact that the adult there is clearly a menace to society and is capable of endangering all children no matter where they live. Starting to sound like communist era USSR aren't we. We're doing well... :shock:

Here's one more worthy of your concern -

Apart from that it would be a great advertisement for multihull sailing.

Here's one more worthy of your concern -

Apart from that it would be a great advertisement for multihull sailing.

quite a cutey............and well cleaned too, what more could ya want???????????

I'm going to squash all your theories and put it succinctly that - should be on a kids playground as it's obviously doesn't float OR they've left the bungs out. At least then kids can pretend to sail...

Oh speaking of bungs been left out...which will no doubt take us right off topic in true crew.org style, that time at Orams drystack, can you see where this is going...sinky feeling and bungs.....I'm trying to not go all out accusatory....

I'm going to squash all your theories and put it succinctly that - should be on a kids playground as it's obviously doesn't float OR they've left the bungs out. At least then kids can pretend to sail...

Oh speaking of bungs been left out...which will no doubt take us right off topic in true crew.org style, that time at Orams drystack, can you see where this is going...sinky feeling and bungs.....I'm trying to not go all out accusatory....

You cannot leave it there. Sounds like a good tall tale to be told full of shame for someone.. You tell your "bung" story and I'll tell mine. No pun intended/ innuendo either KM/Wheels/Squid.....

You cannot leave it there. Sounds like a good tall tale to be told full of shame for someone.. You tell your "bung" story and I'll tell mine. No pun intended/ innuendo either KM/Wheels/Squid.....

Oh yeah, bring it on that would be a worthy thread drift :thumbup: :thumbup:

'Oh speaking of bungs been left out...which will no doubt take us right off topic in true crew.org style, that time at Orams drystack, can you see where this is going...sinky feeling and bungs.....I'm trying to not go all out accusatory....

Didn't involve a certain Haines Hunter associated with a boating mag which developed unexplained electrical problems.

Dunno about the HH, haven't heard that one over the grapevine...do tell tho! We could splice this thread into another - I'm beginning to sound like a certain self professed kbondage mexpert....

Just mentioning that it's not the first time our fellow drystack operators in auck have forgot to put the bungs in, one way to ruin a day out...

Pity courts don't cover you for "heartbreak" "resultant empty fish bin" "Cleaning out the bevvy fridge too early in the morning"

Ooh anyone out there, share their stories! :thumbup: :thumbup:

OK. I'll tell you mine, seeing as the dry stack story has gone all quiet...

Heading out on the broadwater, Brisbane, Aus. 25ft cabin cruiser thingy with 130hp 2 stroke outboard (Evenrude I think). Brother's boat, with, Our mum (70) and 4 kids ranging from 4-12 yrs old. This was about 5 years ago.

Stop at an island called "slipping sands" with huge sand-hills for kids to slide down. Pulled boat up on beach with anchor further up beach. The boat was sitting side on and slowly burying itself in the sand as the tide went out, so we just pushed it off from time to time.

Mum looks down and says to brother "bit of water in the bilges". Brother says "No worries, I'll take it out for a squirt and the self bailers can clear it". Mum and brother head off beach, rest left on island.

Boat looks a bit stern heavy.. Brother starts engine, gives it some welly, and bow lifts up. Engine splutters like a good 2 stoke and stalls, but in the meantime, all the water that was (unbeknownst to anyone) lying in the bottom of the boat, rushes aft and the boat lists to starboard and aft in a big way. It then loses stability and water comes in over the starboard quarter and stern. She sinks in about 6 metres of water stern first in about 30 seconds. Mum can't swim, gets on lifejacket and jumps and is rescued by friendly nearby Aussies. Brother follows suit. All cameras, wallets, passport are in the boat, as are towels, shirts, sunblock and it's 35 degrees....

The boat is floating down the channel with the tide, about a foot of the bow above the water. Mum and brother on beach with the rest of us...

To be continued...

OK, I launched a trailer fizzy with Volvo bits hanging out the back.

After a few minutes I looked back to see water lapping above the floorboards around engine cover.

Quick check showed that the bungs were in, but the raw water intake hose was off the skin fitting. The engine was fine cause it was sucking water from the bilge.

Stuck the hose back on, switched the bilge pump on and quietly cruised along for awhile as the bilge emptied.

:shock:

Continued:

More friendly Aussies with 30ft launch and twin 150hp thingies on the back got the bow of bro's boat in tow and hauled it into the beach upside-down. We put a line around it and with much brute force used the launch to roll it right way up. (Good bye dodger and cockpit awning)

Bailed it out, took out plugs from motor, turned it over (electrics OK... WTF??) but couldn't get it running.

Checked bung.. Gone. Fitted spare bung, called coast guard and (for a fee) got a tow home to face Bro's wifey who was not amused.

We both checked the bung on the trailer and it was tight. Best we can come up with is that when it was burying itself in the sand with gentle rocking, the bung undid itself. Couldn't quite see it myself, but it was certainly gone when we pulled it up the beach!

Found cameras, phones, wallets, Passports... All electronic goodies stuffed of course but better than having to get a new passport and credit cards.

Have to say, the Aussies on the water were brilliant. No piss taking nothing but help. The only boat on the island that was unhelpful (smartarse comments, just stood and watched) were.... Kiwis.... :oops: :oops: :oops: Maybe Muldoon was right.

Archived