ETNZ AC72 Sailing

how will they go in 12 knots.?

if it doesnt break its overbuilt and or heavy.

hey Royal780 what is the upper wind limit for the next AC :|

Well that makes oracle spot on then :lol:

Hard to win if it's in bits ......... or upside down.

Did'nt oracle just win the last event in the same bay and with a capsize to boot!...

Must be quick to win with a capsize result. :thumbup: :D

Didn't say Oracle were dead meat ..... didn't mention Oracle at all ... or any other team for that matter.

My comment was meant to convey the need for some degree of conservatism (though admitedly that needs to be as small as possible) in the design, construction and operation of these AC beasts. Like any race you have to be able to cross the finish line if you want to be able to cross the line in front.

Its a real balancing act between building things too strong and not strong enough. Its a real balancing act between sailing these boats up to the very edge but not over the edge. Its inevitable that when you're pushing boundaries you're going to overstep the mark on occasion until you learn exactly where the boundaries are and how close you can get to them.

Its not pleasant to see any team damage their boats .... at least I don't take any pleasure in it. Obviously this latest set back wouldn't have been in Oracle's gameplan (but they may have a contingency plan for it) .... I'm sure they'll use it to motivate themselves to come back harder.

Didn't say Oracle were dead meat ..... didn't mention Oracle at all ... or any other team for that matter.

My comment was meant to convey the need for some degree of conservatism (though admitedly that needs to be as small as possible) in the design, construction and operation of these AC beasts. Like any race you have to be able to cross the finish line if you want to be able to cross the line in front.

Its a real balancing act between building things too strong and not strong enough. Its a real balancing act between sailing these boats up to the very edge but not over the edge. Its inevitable that when you're pushing boundaries you're going to overstep the mark on occasion until you learn exactly where the boundaries are and how close you can get to them.

Its not pleasant to see any team damage their boats .... at least I don't take any pleasure in it. Obviously this latest set back wouldn't have been in Oracle's gameplan (but they may have a contingency plan for it) .... I'm sure they'll use it to motivate themselves to come back harder.

:clap: :clap: well said but...

we all like a good car crash every so often.

and... these guys a paid pretty well to entertain.

Did'nt oracle just win the last event in the same bay and with a capsize to boot!...

Must be quick to win with a capsize result. :thumbup: :D

Yea something like that... Read those PLACING results and say that BAR werent the best team.

Trying to say that the Oracle were the third best placing team might be difficult..

Im not sure that super-sunday weightings will stay that high for long

Reckon its possible to get a 72 upright without massive damage?? I know they flipped the 45s on purpose a couple of times, imagine doing that on the 72... :wtf: Could be worth it tho by the looks.

ACsanfran.JPG

So did ETNZ go out today? Didn't see them but might have missed it.

I'm thinking the gentle zephyr blowing in Auckland they might be having a cup of tea, watching YouTube and doing a bit of a review of contingency procedures...

I think they went out yesterday and the day before that so might be it for this week.

I think the Oracle capsize may change their sailing program a little :?

He was probably thinking about all the upcoming litigation when the Yanks try to change the rules so they can cheat their way out of their current bind.

It,s not Cheating and it,s not just the yanks.

Daulton is on record stating if he wins the cup he will change the rules and bring a citizen rule that only sailors from their domilcile country can be crew. That means there will be dozens of other Kiwis not in a job sailing for other syndicates.

No one has the right to deny another person from earning an income from sailing in the AC.

There has never been a residency rule in the entire history on the AC.

If he succeeds he will be the most unpopular sailor in the modern event more unpopular than Dirty Dennis.

:crazy: :crazy:

Archived