The fight over Takapuna Beach continues

Your posts all seem extremely biased. Do you have a personal interest?

If being a Takapuna resident who sails a sailing dinghy and is locked off from all access to the beach except by a very crowded boat ramp where there is almost no space to rig my boat safety would make me biased - then I guess I am.

At least Takapuna is my back yard - it is NOT the backyard of vast majority of people who want to keep the camping site.

And BTW - I don't really care what happens to the camping site - I want access to the beach and a place for all local dinghy sailors to stow their dinghies rather than clogging up an already very busy single boat ramp. A few pages back I posted a solution that completely left out the camping site. If the powers that be decide that using the camping site ground is the best soln then so be it.

If being a Takapuna resident who sails a sailing dinghy and is locked off from all access to the beach except by a very crowded boat ramp where there is almost no space to rig my boat safety would make me biased - then I guess I am.
Locked off and only one ramp?? Whot utter bollocks, there is at least 4. No space?? As there is well over 24,000 square metres of area on the beach alone without adding in all the grass spaces attached to it one does wonder if you really can call your boat a sailing dingy.

So your desire is for the taxpayers and ratepayers to spend many millions of dollars and remove a bit of the waters edge from the public just so you can be a lazy bastard. You should have just said 'I'm very selfish' right at the start.

Locked off and only one ramp?? Whot utter bollocks, there is at least 4. No space?? As there is well over 24,000 square metres of area on the beach alone without adding in all the grass spaces attached to it one does wonder if you really can call your boat a sailing dingy.

So your desire is for the taxpayers and ratepayers to spend many millions of dollars and remove a bit of the waters edge from the public just so you can be a lazy bastard. You should have just said 'I'm very selfish' right at the start.

Knot Me,

Your response implies I am only interested in my own selfish needs. Please review my previous posts where I clearly state that its all about the success of our dinghy sailors and future generations.

Also, please refer to my posts on the previous page with regards current access. If you want to argue the facts - once you have some semblance of those facts and perhaps even visited the beach in question to confirm those facts - I'd be delighted.

At present - Knot Me - I'd be factually correct in calling you a rude, ignorant, ill-informed and name calling fool. Reminds me of the old saying "sometime it is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Regards.

B, your comment 'then I guess I am' doesn't mean you singular? My response was to those specific comment of yours I quoted. If you'd like to discuss aspects from elsewhere in the 18 pages this thread has racked up please feel free to point those out.

As for name calling, feel free to carry on if you like but up your game please, that's L Plate material so far.

ill-informed. You have no idea what I know and it's a lot more than you probably do judging by your comments to date. It would be great if the parties involved could discuss it all here but reality says they can't hence I'm knot willing to throw things out here they can't fairly and freely respond to.

If you do a little research I'm sure you'll see why I say that.

I was on Taka beach Sunday and again yesterday. You aren't the only local, which is why I know trying to use the carpark ramp if you are a small yacht it akin to poking a angry Pitbull with a sharp stick. Hence we use one of the far superior easier to use other ramps to take the boats onto the beach where there is stacks of room to rig them without annoyance to and from anyone.

I was on Taka beach Sunday and again yesterday. ... Hence we use one of the far superior easier to use other ramps to take the boats onto the beach where there is stacks of room to rig them without annoyance to and from anyone.

Really? ... Which ramp? ... Did you lift your boat cradle over the chain or bollard or does it fit between or under? ... Or was one of them unlocked? ... If so, at what time was this?

Not calling you a liar Knot Me ... but this is extremely inconsistent with the monitoring I've done when I walk the dog.

The Strand and Clifton. Yes I noticed they have tightened up the bollards a few months ago. Maybe in response to us going thru them but you'd hope knot. You could also call the NZCC parks dudes who would open them for you as well. No idea if you can do that under ACC.

But having a bollard in the way of the existing access points has zero relevance or isn't a valid excuse to spend well over 10 million dollars of rate and taxpayers money.

Look behind the headlines B. The back story is interesting and some of it will quite likely surprise you. Like most things these days the detail of what's said in public and what is actually happening can differ quite a bit.

Apologies in advance for being a new to Auckland and its politics, but why is there so little interest in placing this whole YNZ shebang at a place like Gulf Harbour? Heaps of space, parking, infrastructure, marina to tie up the support boats, ferries to and from Auckland. Nice deep water for sailing, no shipping, and the ability for dinghy classes to train from Manly if northerly winds make that desirable.

Seems weird to an outsider why you'd want to set up a space hungry endeavour like a major sailing base in one of the most crowded and expensive areas in NZ. Is Whangaparoa just not "in" with the "in crowd"? No, I don't live there, nor own land there!

What it seems to be is someone's vanity project, driven by a small number of people arrogant enough to believe their (our) preferred recreational activity has some god-given right to displace other people's, apparently because it's "Sport" with a capital, sacred "S". Occasionally they throw in disingenuous crap about playgrounds for little kiddies, too.

Apologies in advance for being a new to Auckland and its politics, but why is there so little interest in placing this whole YNZ shebang at a place like Gulf Harbour? Heaps of space, parking, infrastructure, marina to tie up the support boats, ferries to and from Auckland. Nice deep water for sailing, no shipping, and the ability for dinghy classes to train from Manly if northerly winds make that desirable.

Seems weird to an outsider why you'd want to set up a space hungry endeavour like a major sailing base in one of the most crowded and expensive areas in NZ. Is Whangaparoa just not "in" with the "in crowd"? No, I don't live there, nor own land there!

Great comment shedman. There are other locations as well, Milford being one. Like KM alludes to, this is a vanity project being pushed by personalities behind the scenes who simply don't care what Joe Bloe in the street thinks..

Hey Shedman, good comments. I Live at Whagaparaoa, (Gulf Harbour) and the answer is no, it's not "in". People consider it is too far from Auckland, so property here is still relatively affordable!

It is a great place to sail out of.... :D

Like KM alludes to, this is a vanity project being pushed by personalities behind the scenes who simply don't care what Joe Bloe in the street thinks..
I'm knot alluding to vanity, I'm alluding to a blatant grab of tax and ratepayers money/property by the one or more property developers.
Like KM alludes to, this is a vanity project being pushed by personalities behind the scenes who simply don't care what Joe Bloe in the street thinks..
I'm knot alluding to vanity, I'm alluding to a blatant grab of tax and ratepayers money/property by the one or more property developers.

A older, female one perchance?

The average build costs in Auckland per sq metre as at Jan 1st this year. These are the numbers the Councils use to estimate the cost to build a new building. Checking with a few builder mates they say they are reasonably close to real so more than accurate enough to be used.

A small house 145 sq/mt - $1810 sq mt

A large house 202 sq/mt - $1648 sq mt

Light commercial 404 sq/mt - $1326 sq mt

Commercial 896 sg/mt - $1439 sq mt

A Rest home 394sq/mt - $2099 sq mt

That billionaire Russian dude has build himself some super fancy digs up in Helena bay, which includes jetties, pontoons, swimming pools, 10 car garaging, cinemas and bling from arse to breakfast as you'd expect being seriously uber rich. All for the gentle cost of approx $10,000 per square meter.

This Ocean Centre 460sq/mt including decks and hard stand and counting both levels - Over $18,000 dollars per sq mt.

The Ministry of Building and something or other ('Innovation' is it ???) for the sq mt rates. Those were as at Jan 1st 2013.

Multiple news reports about super rich Russian dude. 40mil for 4000 sq mts was what I worked it on. Been in the news a lot for the last year or so.

The Centre number is from the consent paperwork that's been lodged that has YNZ's name on it. Lodged on Sept 27th I think it was but I can check that if still have doubts.

Can't do a link as it involves log ins and things that gets you into places I'm knot sure you are supposed to be. I'm checking on that as I write.

The Consent paperwork is time stamped - 27 Sep 2013 14:04

The gist of it is the site area is 0.023 hectares and the 'value' is 8.2 million. That's 230 sq mts times 2 for both floors giving 460 sq mts, assuming 100% ground coverage, do the math. Even if you add a 3rd floor assuming they do something with the 'roof' that's still a sq mt price above what one of the worlds riches people can spend on a very very top end luxury place. Also don't forget a significant space in the project is only boat storage and hardstand i.e. open empty cheap as chips space. One does have to wonder just what that is all about and why the cost is so disproportionally extremely high for this place.

If you, Trakermike or anyone else are under the misunderstanding I think I can post stuff like this here and knot expect someone to check it I'd suggest you are again very mistaken. This thread is being watched by vested interests who I'm sure would correct any big inaccuracies, even small ones I hope.

But as I suspect I could post here that 'Snow is cold' and you wouldn't allow yourself to believe it how about you ask YNZ (the operator) or the Harbour Access trust (the developer), I'm sure they should have no problems confirming the numbers. Both of those organisations names are on the paperwork. Or maybe the City Council can tell you while I suss what I'm allowed to do.

I do serioulsy encourage you, trackermike or anyone else who has doubts to check the numbers and look deeper into this, if fact I'd almost say it's your civic duty to be as informed as you can be for the good of your community and yachting in general.