Cat1 Waka

Missing the point Justin.

Nonam has a history of racist posts on here so will probably be called out whenever he writes the "M" word.

Maybe i am but if you are the police of everything racist then i would suggest you would be a very busy man.

Especially if you are nit picking around assumpton's, innuendo's, perceptions, and all other "grey areas" etc.

People will make comment and also slip up with words on forums. people will take wrong meanins from things. That is normal and not worth wasting time and effort on.

When people pull them up on it in such a blunt and almost rude way they will dig their feet in and defend their corner (as nonam has done) and i suggest i and you would /will.

May i suggest a bit of tolerance and maybe raising above it? because all i know is... if you point one finger at some one you are pointing 3 back at yourself. and with that.....

here comes the smiley face....

:D

So we should tolerate racism on this forum then?

We should tolerate other peoples view points and not take the wrong meaning from them nor think they are racist when they may not be.

Racism and racist comments are different things to different people. You are obviously very sensitive to it (Thus my comment about your location) but you do not live amongst (here in Nz)it nor what Nonam may live with.

So don't judge nor confict him when you do not know him. Don't judge him while living in another country looking through Binoculars (Or monoculars) AT WHAT YOU THINK HIS WORLD MAY BE.

For all you know Nonam could be Maori or Polynesian. (not that it should make a difference)

I woud say most people will judge for them selves and keep that thought to themselves. Some will belive you and some Nonam. best to turn the other cheek. Especially when it's a 50/50 call.

I find it offensive that you think you are Judge, jury and hangman. But you are entitled to your opinion and may have your reasons too.

No offence intended.

:D

Did the wakas get special treatment as they were black buggers? Dosen't look like it.

Did the wakas have to do sh*t for race based reasons? Yes, they were New zealanders and not Figian.

Are there retards posting in this thread? I see some, does anyone else?

First of all, lets just clear up what they are called, they are not Waka, they are Vaga because they are not Maori, they are Pacific Islanders.

I understand both points of view Justin. But you have to realise that a BB like this is like a bunch of people in Squids living room all sharing a beer. Even though Squid lets a heck of a lot ride on this BB because he does not tolerate censorship, he does tend to leave it up to the members to shoot it out and he stands in the background to clean up the blood stains and broken tables and be the Ultimate Sheriff should the fight jeopardise the serving of the beers.

So the first thing to understand is that this BB is not a Public Forum. Even though everyone has a personal right to think what they want, no one has a right to come into Squids "living room" and spout of any view they want and not run the risk of getting punched in the nose.

First of all, lets just clear up what they are called, they are not Waka, they are Vaga because they are not Maori, they are Pacific Islanders.

I understand both points of view Justin. But you have to realise that a BB like this is like a bunch of people in Squids living room all sharing a beer. Even though Squid lets a heck of a lot ride on this BB because he does not tolerate censorship, he does tend to leave it up to the members to shoot it out and he stands in the background to clean up the blood stains and broken tables and be the Ultimate Sheriff should the fight jeopardise the serving of the beers.

So the first thing to understand is that this BB is not a Public Forum. Even though everyone has a personal right to think what they want, no one has a right to come into Squids "living room" and spout of any view they want and not run the risk of getting punched in the nose.

Understand the sentiment wheels but the comparison is very tenuous.

If you allow your living room to be available to "all & sundry" then expect some to make unintentional messes. But also be aware some will want to stir up the mess while some are cleaning up.

Every member of this forum has a right to make comments within the rules they sign up to and as much as non am has the right to push the envelope so do people like you, pwederrel, me and all others in defending their beliefs.

As I see it Pwederrel is just as bad, if not worse, as Nonam with a history of aggressive posts and threads. (Makes funny reading now)

It appears wheels, that in backing him, you to run the risk the being "tarred with the same brush". however I see you more taking a peacekeeper role but with a unfortunate bias.

Don't get me wrong on all this. I am not defending bad behaviour but just trying to make people like pwederrel aware that his comments are no better than Nonams, albeit more judgemental.

Anyway we have flogged this thread to bits and time to move on.

Sand is still in the sand pit... and the rake has cleaned up. :D

Take it to Small Talk you lot.

There are 2 sets of Waka. One is the Oceanic Nature project. New Waka buit at Salthouses. Already done amazing voyages across the Pacific

Then there are the existing NZ Waka that are from a previous era of retaining the canoe skills and lore.

All the NZ registered waka are required to meet Cat 1 requirements. The offshore registered waka are also comprehensively equipped.

Plenty of things get posted here in an inflamatory or partially inflamatory manner just to promote the discussion.

Long may it continue otherwise things would be pretty dull and limp.

Thankfully it doesn't end in potty mouthed exchanges like another American website.

If people want to show their true colours let 'em I say!

LOL.

Anyone remember a discusison about how the General Lee was an overtly racist boat because of the name/paint job?

Yes and it was a beauty!! Especially on SA. BTW Motorbike, I'm a Leighton Smith Fan. Does that mean I'm Racist White Trash with a small brain and no education? Talk about Pigeon holing...

LOL.

Anyone remember a discusison about how the General Lee was an overtly racist boat because of the name/paint job?

Yes and it was a beauty!! Especially on SA. BTW Motorbike, I'm a Leighton Smith Fan. Does that mean I'm Racist White Trash with a small brain and no education? Talk about Pigeon holing...

Yes :lol:

God some people really do have way too much time. What a bunch of ass this thread is.

Can't we focus on the boats themselves and the people who are doing a fantastic thing. I've had the privilege of sailing on these beasts and got to say it was fantastic especially in trades offshore. They actually do punt along which surprised me.

LOL.

Yes :lol:

Expected nothing less from the far left.. :D

This photo pops up :lol:

:lol: Hey Squid - For the newbie uninitiated maybe you should explain exactly who that is!

Probably right.

That boatnigger is my beloved wife of nearly 25 yrs, we lived aboard with our two girls for nearly 10 years and 15,000 miles.

Another photo, just because I can, taken the day we left Grand Cayman for Panama.

post-3043-141887206488.jpg

post-3043-14188720649.jpg

Archived