Stolen from Stillwater 2 X inflatable Dinghys.

B00B00

2 inflatable Dinghy's stolen from my inlaws house in stillwater last weekend. See attached pictures.

Both dinghys have the name 'MINAMOOKLA' printed on them and even if its taken off they could still have a slightly less faded area on them.

They took the small Aquapro (hard bottomed) from the foredeck of their launch and the big alloy bottomed Oceanis from the shed right beside my boat.

Im guessing they came in by boat and towed them out as they left my one (Smithy09's old dingy that I brought from crew.org about a year ago) that was deflated sitting right next to the small one and only took the 2 inflated ones.

This is the first burglary from the place for decades.

Scary thought as my boat was left unlocked and so was my dingy and luckily they didn't get the 2 outboards.

These are the dinghys that we use all the time as a family (thats my 2 boys in the photo) and that we used to borrow before we brought that one of smithy so its way to close to home.

I must admit that it does look kind of sketchy for me that they left all my gear!

Any info appreciated. There seems to be a marine thief working the Weiti river so it would be nice to grab him and stop this from happening to others.

Josh 0212222143 josh@nz.northsails.com

100_0916.JPG

DSCF1636.JPG

100_0914.JPG

Booboo, make sure you secure all the valuable stuff they didnt take. They generally come back for second helping of the good stuff they've seen but were too rushed to take.

As an aside, for about $40 you can buy GPS trackers that are the size of a matchbox that can be good to hide in valuable items

You can by a battery powered movement detector (PIR like those sensor lights at home) from Dick Smith that makes a hell of a racket when someone triggers the beam.

A mate has one gaurding is boat at home after his batteries were stolen. Works a treat. Except for the odd cat.

http://www.dicksmith.co.nz/product/L950 ... rity-alarm

Just screw it up high or slightly hidden an sit back and relax.

That big dinghy is pretty distinctive too Booboo, Its not a normal looking dinghy being Bright alloy and not painted.Stands out motoring around a bay.

Archived