B&G Simrad 100

TimW

Storm Jib.... check

Fractional Gennaker..... check

3rd Reef in the main.... check

Dogs off chains, and Fresh to Frightening and all that.....

Its looking mighty wet and mighty wild.

Storm Jib.... check

sure is. I'm desparately hoping it will change, so we can have a real race, rather than a demolition derby or survival test. Not that that is not fun...

Storm Jib.... check

sure is. I'm desparately hoping it will change, so we can have a real race, rather than a demolition derby or survival test. Not that that is not fun...

Our only realistic chance is a demolition derby, its gonna be expensive, but bring it on !

same amont of wind as yesterday would be alright. can manage a bit more. its guranteed to blow cos we got the race main on the boat just incase its light, but really its there to make sure it blows.

In some ways I think I'll miss the briefing for the 3rd race. Call me sad but I quite liked cruising down to the boat after work on a Thursday to potter using the excuse "but I HAVE to go to briefing...."

In some ways I think I'll miss the briefing for the 3rd race. Call me sad but I quite liked cruising down to the boat after work on a Thursday to potter using the excuse "but I HAVE to go to briefing...."

There is no pleasing some folk :roll:

The wether is looking a bit smaller perhaps :lol:

There's a briefing Jono... and you HAVE to be there! Briefing starts at after-work-O'clock, and its mandatory. :wink:

There you go, now you've been told! It was on the Internet, so it must be true!

Disclaimer: For anyone not smart enough to read between the lines, there is no briefing, but now Jono has his excuse.

Can someone please clarify for me if there is or is not a briefing for this weekend? last 5-6 years there has been. No mention in the sailing instructions and my brain has had a bit through it since the briefing for R1.

AHOY all!

As y'all know, Sailonline is running the virtual series of B&G Simrad races... and... the third course is now open for registration and practice.

I know those reading this are probably busy with preparations for the real race, but do consider telling your friends, relos, kids about the virtual race. Do you have uncles, aunts or grandparents who used to sail but can't do it any more? Any chums in the military serving overseas but who used to sail with you?

Sailonline really is a brilliant way for those who can't get on the water to acquire a sense of all that is involved. Especially when the virtual is buddied with real, as with the B&G Simrad series, as you can look at real pics, read the stories and in many cases from far across the globe, share in family fun.

AND ITS FREE!!!

In any event - FAIR WINDS to all racing :thumbup:

I have never raced around navy buoy (Tiri), and IF a shortened course is used on staurday, I will need to. I am aware there is 2 boys, and always confusion.

Can someone clarify which buoy is the one to go around. I do know this have been discussed, but a very quick attemp to search failed, and I'm kinda lazy.

Forecast still looking fresh to frightening for sat and building as the day progresses. Anyone know the criteria for the race committee to go to the short course?

I remember going around channel in one of the early air nz regattas in M1 in that sorta breeze.

Not the place to be for a 8.5 multi.

Even we had trouble tacking going round fully crewed in the black sub

Archived