Monarch 17 trailer yacht

Pugwash

Thanks Splat. I found that article but there doesn't seem to be much else out there. I thought there might be something with details of rudder and keel shape/size/profile and such. I've been asked to help with the project as "an experienced yachtie" :? The keel he's got is just a flat piece of rusty 10mm steel plate, which I can't imagine being right.

Thanks Splat. I found that article but there doesn't seem to be much else out there. I thought there might be something with details of rudder and keel shape/size/profile and such. I've been asked to help with the project as "an experienced yachtie" :? The keel he's got is just a flat piece of rusty 10mm steel plate, which I can't imagine being right.

I think you will find alot of older trailer yachts like that..

get that plate blasted and hotzinc sprayed, assuming it's pivoted at the front edge you'll find it one of the more reliable depth finders around.........clang clang........ raise it a bit and try another direction, can also be run through mud bottoms to improve VMG

Archived