We did it

Hi, yes we are back. I waved at everyone, hope that included BB.

We drove up late Xmas day, then headed out to Roberton Is late boxing day. Came home yesterday. there was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing as one daughter had to abandon ship on the 31st. The we went to the fireworks show at Paihia (through ignorance anchored three boatlengths from teh barge and got a really good show). Back out for a sail, then some idiot wanted to buy a house so back to Paihia for a bit of emailing and faxing, then out again, then back to pick up more crew for the Tall Ships Race Sat _ that was a great event, I'll write more when I've caught up and seen some photos..

The boat was fantastical to live on, and sails like a witch - I'm still grinning. All the crew thought Tonga would be a nice sail - can't disagree.

I so admire that vessel. She's stunning. I see her often and think wow, so beautifully kept. To me, that is what a Sailing Yacht should look like. And if the pictures of the inside, especially of the engine room, are true to the current condition, then she is one well loved and looked after vessel. Price wise, I think if she was in any other condition, she would be worth far less, but it's one of those few vessels that her stunning beauty and well looked after condition makes her actually worth what they are asking, just to be able to own her.

I hope that whoever ends up owning her takes as much pride in her upkeep.

I'm sure I remember the launching of that boat. Can't remember the name, but if its the same, the cradle collapsed half way down the ramp. I'm sure it would have been Ray Roberts at the time controlling the winch and he saw the cradle go so he let the clutch off the winch. It hurtled down the ramp and landed on its side just as it hit the water. Not a scatch on it. Away they floated os if nothing happened.

I'm not much into cruising boats, but that one I would love to call mine.

It is VERY comfortable. And once you develop the built in padding on your forehead it becomes perfect. The swelling still hasn't gone down yet Squid...

YA RETARD :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What did you bang your head on AA?

Looks like there is plenty of standing room inside. And if Ogre can get about without banging his head, how on earth did you achieve it?

:think:

Theres a solid dodger thingamee at around forehead height and I found that if for example you forget that, being your first day on the boat, and you hit it while moving very quickly, well it's kinda solid. Anyway 3 times and you're a retard, so that makes me one! :lol:

There was a film producer doing some work on a square rigger - he kept smacking his forehead on one beam, ended up bleeding - we gave him a padded hat padded the beam and he still managed to smack himself - some people never learn.

Over Xmas we taped a pink carnation to it, that helped until we all learnt where it was. I guess John took the accelerated course and is now fully aware of it.

Nice to see some more pics.

I only whack my head on stationary objects when I'm wearing a hat, the peak tends to cut your upwards peripheral vision . ( do you still call it peripheral when its in the vertical plane?.. anyyyy way , you get what I mean)

Archived