What is this project?

I saw the boat in last years ssanz and had plenty of time to look at it as we drifted around. Then saw it on trademe and thought good projet boat. the frame sapcing showed it to be the right size, then the second photo and a check on the ssanz site nailed it, looks good now keep the photos coming as she progresses

Used to be on "A" pier HMB. We used to call it the "Mud Hut". The cabin top looked like someone had a spare old dingy lying around during the build so just glassed it on the top. As flat as a surf board from the keel to the transom on the bottom. Used to go pretty well off the wind.

It's Cadibarra 6 alright, it had the looks only it's designer could love and is getting a bit of a refit!

It will be much nicer when it's finished, if you thought it was ugly on top you should have seen the underwater shape, more than radical!!

I am still astounded by how easy people recognised it, I may be able to get update pictures but I have been sprung by the owner... I thought the carbon recycling idea was a good one, using the infusion process. The deck is being re-used but maybe not the cabin top, it would make a great sturdy pram dinghy except it is possibly too light with its carbon construction.

Coastal Classic 2011 001 - Copy.JPG

A stunning re-hash job taking place here. All credit to the owner, builders and designer for showing the balls required to "cut and splay", as many of us did with skiffs and other boats over the years. Not for the faint-hearted, and the result will be a sparkling little coastal racer, re-birthed and rejuvenated. :thumbup:

Looking awesome. Man, it looks nothing like the original.

Should go like stink to. What parts ya keeping? Engine, mast deck fittings, sails etc...?

Have you designed some new foiles?

Looks like mini TP52 :thumbup:

It's not my own boat but I seem to have become the publicity officer. The original boat had all titanium fittings inc. stanchions, they'll be going back on. The sails were mostly good, the motor was good too. The whole theme of the upgrade is to utilise all these parts and fittings, including reusing the deck. The ugly as cabin is going with a nice looking BBW style taking it's place. It's getting a lift keel with excellent shallow draft performance to match so as to venture across the Tga sandbanks where needed (to get out of 3-4 knot tidal currents)

The boat will have an array of carbon bits made to perform the tasks asked for by the owner, I suspect. The last boat he was involved with, he made carbon fibre speaker covers!!

Another update of progress on this wet Saturday, with a roll over and fairing session coming up. Notice the bevelled hull edge on the forward half - like some modern yachts - not sure what that feature's benefits are but it looks good!

The mast and most things are being moved Elly, the shed is in Tga.

Photo0065 (600x800).jpg

Photo0066 (800x600).jpg

Photo0068 (800x600).jpg

Photo0069 (800x600).jpg

The bevelled edge is to improve airflow over the edge of the foredeck, when heeled. Where practical, a lot of race-yachts have rolled, or bevelled edges fwd of midships. It can give an increment of advantage upwind, and every increment is worth having.

The hull is currently upside down, carbon cloth on and fairing material on. The fun job of longboarding to produce a nice hull surface - then paint. A nice carbon mast is getting lined up plus a mandatory carbon toilet in the pipeline :clap: :o

Photo0070.jpg