Boat thief nabbed

Maca

Following a post from the Beach Haven Community Constables Facebook page. Might be a bit old as was dated Sept 8.

Hi everybody. We have arrested a male yesterday who was observed acting suspiciously around boats moored around Chelsea point and down the harbour towards Greenhithe. When we searched his vehicle we have located 4 outboard motors all between 6 and 10 hp along with a number of copper and brass items off boats. If you own a boat moored on the Beach Haven side of the bridge or you know of someone that does please get them to check the vessel for anything missing. If you have been affected please contact Constable Eugene Burke at the North Shore Policing centre on 09 477 5000

Thanks Maca, if you find any inflatable dinghy's at his property then 2 of them could be ours. We had 2 stolen from Stillwater a month or 2 ago. Im pretty sure they were taken by boat, one was from the end of the wharf and the other from the boatshed.

Great news! We had a yacht on the west side of the Beach Haven / Hobsonville area. Was done over 3 time in 2008. Had to move as it was just an on going battle.

I'd make a better defense and then they would find another way in. In the end they would just smash hatches to get in... :thumbdown:

Turns out that this thief had left sandy footprints on several boats. The police were able to work out which beach the sand was from and they were finally able to watch a guy leaving that beach in a small boat. They nabbed him when he returned with a few items of interest in his dinghy.

we got broken into in torpedo bay, outboard amongst other things nicked. but the maritime unit managed to recover most things, and we're back in business now. two thumbs up for the police!

A few years ago (about 20) I was the commodore of a club on the shore, the club was broken into and the small rubber duckie was stolen.

A week later I saw an advert in the herald so I went over to Kumeu and there was the clubs boat, phoned the police, the trail lead to a guy living in Forest Hill with a lot of stuff in his basement.

Archived