Coastal classic updates

Hi everyone

all of the updates for the coastal will be in here and will be updated whenever we get a bit of information. Todays plan for crew.org is the following..... We have people taking photos of the start at devonport wharf and i will be up at north head. While were doing our thing Ogre will be doing the texts updates untill I get home a bit after 11:30. When I get home Ill be doing some text updates as well as looking at how the race is progressing compared to Mark Ms predications. I will also be throwing in some updates about the virtual race being run by sailonline.org and how the kiwis are going, so if you would like to race and are stuck at your computer then I recommend this.

Watch out for the photos from AC and sundreamer if they can get of the ground as there were some great shots last year.

I hope you enjoy the updates and make a comment or two about the boat that your following and how the race is going

From StephenC on North head.

Wind - was a solid 25 maybe more in the last squall, just starting to ease a little. Consistent puffs across the start line, boats just starting to appear.

One ship heading in to watch out for.

They are talking up the chance of a new record, always optimistic to do that before it happens, but definitely a possibility.

Our airborne photographer has lifted off.

Is it just me or have the trackers on CC website not updated since breakfast?

Looking forward to following the race virtually today, thanks to everyone who contributes everywhere, especially those up in the air! Rather be sailing than flying today, that's for sure. Bumpy? I bet!!!

Should you be concerned the 'aircraft cam' and the 'Ariel photographer' do seem to be a kilometre apart :? The aircraft is going well, must be loving the reaching conditions :)

Archived