Coastal classic updates

Anyone notice the mighty Pahi having the run of her life. I remember once just touching 17kn on her going down the harbour and it was wild - they say they did that for minutes on end. Having a scorcher.

Here's their latest:

Rotating sleep/dry off duties. 10 kn boatspeed under no 2 genoa. Next plan isto the no 3 for the turn at Hen &CHicks - if it stays windy. Only 6 mad men on board so taking it easy when we can . Just past Sail Rk, Just hit 14 kn. Young Entertainer is out.

How much did being caught behind the freighter cost them a new record? it slowed then down by at least a minute or two and it looks like they might just miss out on a record by that time.

Does anyone know what happened to truxton? they were leading division 2 by 8 minutes at flat rock and now they find themselves trailing nosaka by nearly 20 minutes.

From the guys up north on the Kia Kaha facebook page and I wonder if anyone will take them up on the offer?

If this wind carries on like this, I don't think too many boats will want to park in Russell.... Come on up to Opua Cruising Club for shelter, food, drinks, fuel, water, provisions AND Opua Marina etc ;-)

Coastal Classic 2012

Just to let you guys know - the CG is still trying to catch up with entering the progress times into the site. The antics of earlier today really put a stain on them. I've just put an hour or two into uploading a big number of flat rock entries but the sail rock entries are behind.

Clive might need a hand if you're free!

Just to let you guys know - the CG is still trying to catch up with entering the progress times into the site. The antics of earlier today really put a stain on them. I've just put an hour or two into uploading a big number of flat rock entries but the sail rock entries are behind.

Clive might need a hand if you're free!

Doing a great job ScottiE. Great effort to get the site back up and running so quickly this morning :clap: :clap: :clap:

Who handicapped PZazz? I know they're a cruising cat, but it's a fast cruising cat with big dagger boards. According to that handicap, the Marshall should be able to beat them????? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Who handicapped PZazz? I know they're a cruising cat, but it's a fast cruising cat with big dagger boards. According to that handicap, the Marshall should be able to beat them????? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

It flys when the breeze is up and thats why its done so well today other wise the handicap would not be questioned so much.

The 8.5 GBE Freedom is back home. Starboard rudder failure approaching Tiri, looong sail home. AWESOME start to be part of, big breeze and some carnage. Unfortunate blow out as we were sitting well within limits, and the boat was going nicely!

Now we just get to contribute to your online stats :thumbup:

And he was complaining about it last night too! :lol:

Again from Zoe:

The Farr 727 crewed by Edwin Delaat and Laura Dekker is approaching sail rock, with Laura helming. He describes the conditions as 'unpleasant' 30 knots, two sail reaching with the breeze from 60 or 80 deg apparent.

and

888 at Tapeka now

second behind TeamVodafoneSailing in 2010 and 2011, and looking like she will do the same this year, Triple 8 is rounding Tapeka right now.

This fifty foot Lock Crowther and Stuart Bloomfield design with a full carbon fibre hull and carbon wing mast, is owned by BMW World Sailing Cup Winner Roger Pagani and has undergone significant foil redevelopment, AC45 style.

V5 has called in at Brett.

Archived