Coastal classic updates

Another virtaul update on how the sailonline race has gone.

I have just passed the Hen and chicks and the rest of the fleet are passed the whanagrei head and making good progress to sail rock. Again the kiwis are going well in this race with Bennie (well done so far) sitting in second and another sitting in 13th. This year they are sailing with the polars of young 11 finline instead of a multi which has meant a much slower race with plenty of time to think about what the next move is.

post-10945-141887212233.jpg

Well done TVS. Brilliant. :clap: :clap: :clap: Despite the bloody ship in the middle of the course. I know it was late, but couldn't the Pilot have waited an hour? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

it looked to me like that ship slowed right down trying to stay out of the way, actually. tvs was the only boat that had to go around her...

A very apperiative crew on valium

"We are gutted to be out with a missing rudder," says Gary from Valium. "Huge thanks to the NZ Police and Coastguard for the tow into Gulf Harbour. What we can say with certainty is that we sent it as hard as possible and just to confirm, Spearhead was only a very small dot in the background at the time..."

Timberwolf has rounded Brett as well

Here you go smithy. If you had of raced you would have bet pretty boy. From Zoe again

This year's Coastal Classic is doing its part to support the New Zealand marine industry, no more so than Pretty Boy Floyd, which dropped its rig.

We'd like to say they had a great race until that point, but the incident happened at North Head and the crew have come up to Russell

The car carrier caught us on the start boat by surprise as well.

I knew it was coming but it was late from memory.

Having said that I was talking to Harbour control regularly which enabled me to speak to the pilot on board the car carrier as well.

The pilot very kindly slowed the vessel down and held it on station off orakei wharf until the fleet started.

He could have carried on but didn't, so thank heaven for small mercies.

If we had delayed there would have been issues with the departure from Chelsea wharf coming through the other way.

Well if the Marshall had a decent crew and skipper ..... :wink: :lol:
Even Team NZ sailing her wouldn't beat PZazz in that breeze. They must be favourites for the handicap prize overall.. Wait until I see the burglar!! :D (He is moored right opposite us in Bayswater)..

Taeping have finished, but there is no word on triple 8 and how far away timberwolf, V5, Wired and Kia Kaha are as they shouldnt be to far away from finishing.

Well if the Marshall had a decent crew and skipper ..... :wink: :lol:
Even Team NZ sailing her wouldn't beat PZazz in that breeze. They must be favourites for the handicap prize overall.. Wait until I see the burglar!! :D (He is moored right opposite us in Bayswater)..

Sounds like they've been sailing very well today. It's unfortunate there's been so much carnage, but at least there's no serious injuries reported so far (touch wood).

I should have checked the tracker. triple 8 have finished, timberwolf are in the middle of the bay of islands and Ran Tan are following vodafones route into the bay and will tack shortly to head almost to the finish.

Another one from Zoe

It's hot dogs for supper aboard Domino II. The skipper is the chef, and the boat is making steady ground.

Hot Gossip have shaken out their reef, and the breeze has eased off to the 20s.

Ran Tan have finished leaving only two 50 foot racers let to finish being equliberium and systems thunder. Good luck to the rest of the finishers and for everyone else I hope youve enjoyed the updates and photos on crew.org.nz and I hope you have a great long weekend.

Im off to have some fun now :D

Archived