Name and shame...UPDATE

boatbum

This whole thing is very interesting Boatbum....from what I understand you knew exactly who the 'said' boatbuilder was before they undertook repairs to your boat so why on earth did you decide to use their service?......a bit silly really isn't it.....

So you are now actually saying there is a known History with this Boat Builder?

TrinaD seems to be a bit confused.

I had no proir knowlege of this BB.

He comes across as a really nice guy, helpfull, and someone that you feel confident about doing work on your boat for you.

But to quote from a lawyers letter sent to him recently ... "it appears that this is your modis operandi"

What i did say, was, that since having dealings with this BB, i have had an enormous amount of feedback and information regarding him.

And from that, it appears that i am not alone with having issues with him (both previously AND currently) and that this sort practice has been going on as far back as at least 10 years.

We as boaties are a small group and do need to look out for each other, so defend the "unheard ones" as much as you like.

But this sort of thing does need to be made known.

Your words not mine 'Wheels' - you do know how to turn my words upside don't you because every comment I have make you have say the opposite to what it actually means......one thing you forgot to mention Boatbum is that he also has an extremely good history of defending himself against people like yourself so good luck with that court case of yours :)

Is that right S****n?,

He didnt do too well with booking up house building materials to a boatbuilding job!

I'm sure i can get hold of that judgment if you wanna see it!

Ohh and by the way, to quote you... "he has an extremely good history of defending himself against people like me"

Ohh isn't that just an admission of previous history?

I'm just another poor sap that has fallen victim to his antics, this is verified by your own admission that this sort of dispute is NOT new to him and that there IS a history of this sort of activity.

And here you are boasting about his success rate!

YES, there is a reason for this thread!!!!!

Your words not mine 'Wheels' - you do know how to turn my words upside don't you because every comment I have make you have say the opposite to what it actually means

Dude, how can I twist this???

from what I understand you knew exactly who the 'said' boatbuilder was before they undertook repairs to your boat so why on earth did you decide to use their service?.

Or this?

is that he also has an extremely good history of defending himself

Nor the first one I commented on. Dude, it's not my twisting what you say, I suggest you phrase your comments differently if that is not what you intended to say.

Rubbish. It is well know Trip Advisor does have lots of 'reviews' that are down right dodgy in many way. It is also well known people do use 'Give me a 50% discount or I will post a poor review about you on the web', and some do follow through on that. It is a big issue that industry is trying to sort out.

Dealing with many in the marine game I honestly don't believe a review website would be good for anyone in a small country like NZ. A perfectly good business could be trash by one fruitloop based on nothing what so ever bar they just thought it would be fun. The punters would get a screwed view as the site would have reviews that couldn't be trusted so would they really get a good idea what the business it like? I doubt it.

Add in many boaters with seriously weird thought patterns, desires and lack of knowledge and before long a review site would be all just white noise no good for anyone. We see more than a few in here each week who will quickly trash other businesses based on totally bogus info or thinking and often the problem is caused by the boater, knot any supplier, but try to explain that to them and it's big time Denial City here we come.

It constantly amazes us at what some boaters see as a someone else caused problem. Easy 50% of the problems we see, which is a lot, are caused by the user. Maybe 10% of those will admit that openly, 40% admit it when pushed but 50% will blame someone else as the 'only way it could have happened' even when presented with very clear evidence to the contrary.

I am talking from a position that spends a lot of time fixing marine issues knot of our making so know very well what the punters think at times like that. I'm sorry but I genuinely believe a review website would do no one any good. The NZ marine industry is just too small to get a sound unbias review base.

In no way did this post have anything to do with the goings on between Mr Boatbum and the mystery Boatbuilder. It was only in response to the comments a review site would stop things like said goings on.

And I'm also thinking Motorbike has the right idea here. Let this play out in a neutral way them trash someone if there is a reason to do so.

interesting. So the wigs are suggesting that defamatory comments should be removed if someone complains. Presumably you would have to ask the complainant to demonstrate why the comments are defamantory before they are removed in case they are not, thereby running the risk of trampling all over someone's legitamite freedom of speech. Almost makes the need for judges obslete in presiding over this sort of dispute! Much quicker to thrash out the arguement on an online site and let the proletariat decide!

I think trip advisor is great. I use it all the time. You just have to look at the general trend of the reviews and you can get an excellent idea if a place is any good. You can't just take one or two reviews in isolation.

the same could easily work for the marine trade.

Archived