Ahoy, sailing families! Try sailing at French Bay Yacht Clu

Zoe

In association with the French Markets, French Bay Yacht Club in Titirangi is hosting a Try Sailing Day on Sunday 11 November.

Come down to:

- Try out sailing - it doesn't matter how old or young you are, in return for a gold coin donation, we'll take you for a spin around the bay

- To experience life on the fast side aboard one of the all new amazing Weta trimarans

- Chat with club members about our learn to sail programs for kids and adults, racing, adventure sailing, membership and more

- Enjoy the culinary delights of the monthly French Markets

It's an early start because of the high tide. French Bay Yacht Club is located at the bottom of Otitori Bay Road, five minutes from Titirangi Village. French Bay Yacht Club in Titirangi now has a fantastic fleet of Optis, Starlings, Lasers, Jollyboats, Zephyrs and more, competing and sailing on a regular basis. We are one of the most family oriented clubs in Auckland, and activities include Learn to Sail for kids and adults, coaching, regattas and racing, and adventure sails to destinations such as Cornwallis Beach. If you own a boat or are a keen sailing family, we are very keen to meet you! Please visit http://www.frenchbay.org.nz, come down on any sailing day, or attend our Try Sailing O-Day, from 8am on Sunday 11 November. Everything you need is provided.

The Ishserwoods include the dog! - Roger Kitchen.jpeg

Hey Zoe, I think I forwarded the email to Fergus and Matt, there's a Hobie getaway coming to join up with you soon.

It's a guy bringing it with him from the states. Some "friends" of his had told him the Manukau was a really dangerous harbour, and that it was not safe for cat or dinghy sailing, then he found me via google and I set him straight. He's packed the boat into the container now.

Of course, we'd love to have him, but he's moving to Titirangi, plus your water is probably better suited to beach cats than ours, so french bay seemed best.

On a positive note, our club is building slowly, with interest from new people each week.

At the rate we're going, we'll be able to mount a serious defense for the shield come February!

Weta looked ok with 4/5 on board but there was a lack of wind so it didn't come back to shore very often.

I didn't see any place to sign up for a sail, perhaps I missed it but that is my feedback for your next time.

There was a table under a marquee by the shed... and they were ferrying people to the weta in a dinghy, because there wasn't any wind close to shore. I wasn't involved with this one I popped in for a minute, but felt the same, so will pass it on.

Archived