Bedtime reading from the extensive logs of Sala in Tonga

Bimini Babe

I've had a couple of half-decent reviews, so I thought I'd open it up to the wider population of Crew-ites. I will warn you though, it's rather long... but at least I waited until Friday, when nobody does any work anyway. So, if you're into boring, self-obsessed sailing blogs, be my guest......

http://saladayssailblog.wordpress.com/

Hey sounds great Biminibabe. I enjoyed a read but have not read it all so will at my leisure. You must be feeling a lot more sure of your abilities and the yachts, congratulations. Want to have a race to the Chathams this summer :D .

My pleasure - I know how y'all like a good yarn... :D

Yeah Minerva Reef was high on my list, but not being able to get weather reliably while en-route was a major problem, and I didn't want to push our luck for the sake of a few crayfish and a bit of sightseeing... Next time though, definitely. :thumbup:

PS. Race to the Chathams sounds awesome! And perhaps a fishing/diving contest when we get there? :wink:

Hi Bimini,

well done, good writing...better than ours!

Same as you, We did the pacific 6 months in 2003, and now have just returned to NZ 3 days ago after a 3 year voyage. It was to be a circumnavigation, but that turned out not to be.

I'm considering doing a 500 ton masters licence now - have to look into exactly what is currenlty required....

We are now at Gulf Harbour, C Pier. If you are around, and would like to talk about the current offshore crusing situation, drop by..

Matt, SV Island Time

Archived