OK thats enough, I'm doin it

Now there is a thought, I wonder if I drill a hole in the FF and run this down and strap it to the keel, will anyone notice :think:

So....ffeeling nauti, I'm guessing your near the back of the flock eating your sandwiches... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I'd go more for the torpedo rack strategically strapped to the keel... guy fawkes! :twisted:

post-10449-141887160091_thumb.jpg

Sorry about that but some dude down the East Coast way is getting very grumpy and is likely to be putting a contract out on anyone who fits one to their PT, just as I was planning to do.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Boy someone knows how to stick it in. :problem:

Are you getting your own back.... because I caused your Monday's lunch get cold while we chewed the fat in the carpark. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Nope, just making sure next time you pop in I don't become a speed bump for you :lol:

And when I get the beast all tickled up I want to make sure you want to come and play so I can kick your arse...... he says probably a little to bravely :lol: :lol:

STOP STOP you guys are getting me down with carbon spars, extra sailarea, curved centreboards. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry SJB

the question is, how much black stuff can you fit onto a paper tiger?

27052010031.jpg

27052010029.jpg

27052010027.jpg

What you have there Matty is no longer a Paper Tiger, and you know it.

Its so heavily modified that it is really a whole new design, maybe a Carbon Tiger.....

or better yet its the Splintering Carbon Death Tiger

Its so heavily modified that it is really a whole new design, maybe a Carbon Tiger.....

I think this would a mean class of boat - sailed voom's "reincarnation" and it's the t*ts! :lol:

Could we fit a carbon cannon to the front though with small propane can at the back Voom? The ultimate sea flea "pick em off...er!" :wink:

Have to disguise it as a spinnaker sock hehe :clap:

Could we fit a carbon cannon to the front though with small propane can at the back Voom? The ultimate sea flea "pick em off...er!" :wink:

First Prototypes fellas :wink: :lol: :lol:

post-10449-141887160196.jpg

FP you are a bad boy indeed, :twisted: I been trying to make one that has a smaller charge so I can launch water balloons, but I keep blowing them to bit's :thumbdown:

[attachment=0]Fire!.jpg[/attachment]

If you going to make something try something like this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.break.com/index/huge-cannon- ... 0-mph.html

[attachment=0]Fire!.jpg[/attachment]

If you going to make something try something like this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.break.com/index/huge-cannon- ... 0-mph.html

SJB,

I don't knw about you but I had the manic cackle at the thought of that off the end of a PT, VOOM! I've another project for you!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still think the spud cannon disguised as a spinnaker sock is the way forward, would do just as good as job as our fellaz in the east with 9/11 - really level the playing field (sorry, couldn't resist...)

So combine thw carbon pt, torpedo between the main beams and cannon....cough "spinnaker pole." Send in the first sea flea! wahahaha it'll be like clay pigeon shooting but with more realistic sound effects! wahaha!

Yes I'm pure evil! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :clap: :lol: :lol:

I don't knw about you but I had the manic cackle at the thought of that off the end of a PT, VOOM! I've another project for you!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still think the spud cannon disguised as a spinnaker sock is the way forward, would do just as good as job as our fellaz in the east with 9/11 - really level the playing field (sorry, couldn't resist...)

So combine thw carbon pt, torpedo between the main beams and cannon....cough "spinnaker pole." Send in the first sea flea! wahahaha it'll be like clay pigeon shooting but with more realistic sound effects! wahaha!

Yes I'm pure evil! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :clap: :lol: :lol:

Crickey you got more fire power than RNZN. :lol: :lol:

FP you are a bad boy indeed, :twisted: I been trying to make one that has a smaller charge so I can launch water balloons, but I keep blowing them to bit's :thumbdown:

Have been told by a good source you need wadding or a reusable cup typ device other wise you always blow them to bits.

Alternately not using an explosive propellant - you get a tube about 6inch dia and about 6 foot long, fit 4 sheeves / turning blocks on one end, take two lengths of bungy (I have found 6mm work well)secure one end of the bungy on the tube on the opposite end to the turning blocks, run it thru one turning block and though the leather or canvas cup that will hold the water balloon then through the second turning block and down to the other end of the tube and secure it, repeat with second piece of bungy. The cup for the water balloon will have a fitting for attaching a line that runs from the cup down inside the tube to a centring lead (plastic end cap works ok if beefed up a bit) this can then be lead thru another turning block so thte device requires only one operator or dispensed with if there are 2 operators.

Take your time tuning it, you will find that in the unloaded position there will need to be tension in the bungy to achive good range once pulled back and fired.

Achieving a 150ft range should be doable with waterballoons only about half to 2 thirds full any more in them an you get misfires.

With the wealth of experience and knowledge on this website improvements to the basic design should be many and the ultimate goal of nailing sea fleas should be well within range :)

Your 'good source' seems highly informed Rigger.

Why do I have the distinct impression your source has with a name starting with T and has some deep experience in this field ;) :lol: :lol:

Your 'good source' seems highly informed Rigger.

Why do I have the distinct impression your source has with a name starting with T and has some deep experience in this field ;) :lol: :lol:

:thumbup:

Tiger Shark Catamaran. Recently acquired a International 14 gennaker, got it cut down slightly and put it on the Shark and can now easily keep up with 18ft Nacra's on a 3 sail reach. Now experimenting with a square top main. :shh:

post-10819-14188716065.jpg

post-10819-141887160651.jpg

post-10819-141887160653.jpg

Hmmm... Just when I thought I'd get a 3.7 (or maybe a 20 ft trailer sailer) you guys go and throw this around... Looks like a heap of fun!! Now I just don't know what to get...

Archived