body in the Water?

Clive

Coming back from Kawau and we came across a police dummy in the water. Looked to be anchored.

A bit concerning until we realised what it was.

4630635811_2a47e32a03_o.jpg

4630635873_fbe7aba864_o.jpg

4630635923_9c6667684a_o.jpg

That would have taken a few years off your life!

I have heard of the Coasties using similar ones for SAR exercises, where they are given a report and a general area and told to go find the person. Not sure what the rules say about someone else finding it first however.

I thought I had found a floater in Sydney once , it was a wet weather jacket with a little air in the hood holding it afloat with arms hanging down - an excellent impression of a drowned person. It sure got the pulse to quicken though.

Did you call it in?

No we didn't call it in as there were 2 small aircraft circling over the area, so we decided they must be practicing.

We thought about picking it up, but it looked like it was anchored, or weighed down at least.

We once had one very deceased asian chap floating around the start line at a Pine Harbour race. Not much fun for anyone, especially the family as it turned out to be a suicide.

We once had one very deceased asian chap floating around the start line at a Pine Harbour race. Not much fun for anyone, especially the family as it turned out to be a suicide.

Jeez that's nasty ... :sick:

Archived