One or two crew required

johnmac

One or two race crew required for 34' modern classic moored Westhaven, Auckland. Great yacht, safe & experienced skipper (qualified sailing instructor). Various Classic Yacht Assoc events during weekends in Jan, Feb, March & April. PM me with landline phone number to discuss.

I would be interested being a crew member if considered suitable. I started sailing with a Farr 6000 then I went into dinghy's. More recently I bought a sunburst and a Hartley 16'. I sail mostly though with the keeler section as crew here in timaru and have sailed on a Pelin 28' and a Robert's 28'. The furthest I have sailed is to oamaru and back from timaru with just 2 crew aboard.

I am 52 but pretty fit and have all my own gear. I have done most things-hauling up the main-lowering main-working the headsail-trimming-using winches-setting the anchor-retrieving anchor-plotting position on the chart-helming.

Easy to get along with and simply want to gain more experience so that I may buy my own keeler and someday sail to the islands (not summer).

frank

Hi John,

Would be great to have a chat if you are still searching.

I am looking to sail as much as possible while home in Epsom for the next 6 weeks. Racing, cruising, deckhand, etc, 2 hours to several days. Extensive med sailing the past 5 years circa 6000 miles including Rolex Middle Sea and the occasional havoc around the cans in the Solent. Mostly experienced double-handed cruising on a 46ft.

Happy to muck in anywhere you see fit.

Auckland 631-5261.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jacqui

Archived