End of Year Rum Race

are you expecting any off shore entries :wave:

We've had them in the past, in fact if my poor memory serves it was won once by a cruiser from one of the Scandinavian countries.

All welcome, bienvenidos, wilkommen, Afio mai , Mabuhay, Aloha, Talitali fiefia, Hoş geldin, Hoan nghênh, Croeso cynnes iawn, yōkoso, Cead míle fáilte , Selamat datang,Benvenuto

We've had them in the past, in fact if my poor memory serves it was won once by a cruiser from one of the Scandinavian countries.

Libertas won two years ago with multiple nationalities on board.

Libertas won two years ago with multiple nationalities on board.

so, some one from onetangi, sandy bay, st heliers and grey lynn is ok? what about westies, can they come too?

Fri 20th sounds OK ….BUT i think Squad and Pons rum races also running those days. What are we gonna do?

Have you talked to either of them about an amalgamation?

Is the eoyrr after math still at Richmond or on Pier G as an alternative?

Will Steven C bring his really really big esky on wheels?

Will MarkM set up the mark Foy or do we just go round and hope for the best?

Will we still sail under the bridge? Always wondered what it would be like to have a tourist impale itself on my mast.

How many rums before you cannot stand up on a S U P?

So many questions…so few answers!

a.f.u

a.f.u

The question is not if I am bringing out the chilli bin...but if the contents of the chilli bin will be consumed before I get home the next morning. I got home at 4am last time and seeing that this time the next day is Saturday I wonder if I will see a sunrise?

Fri 20th sounds OK ….BUT i think Squad and Pons rum races also running those days. What are we gonna do?

Have you talked to either of them about an amalgamation?

Is the eoyrr after math still at Richmond or on Pier G as an alternative?

Will MarkM set up the mark Foy or do we just go round and hope for the best?

Will we still sail under the bridge? Always wondered what it would be like to have a tourist impale itself on my mast.

How many rums before you cannot stand up on a S U P?

So many questions…so few answers!

a.f.u

I think only Squaddie and it shou,ld be possible to do both as they start really early

After match function at Richmond

Mark is doing Mark Foy starts

I hope the course goes back under the bridge - that was fun.

Huge thanks to NZRigging for picking up the sponsorship and to NZSailing for the SUP.

I really must get around to writing an announcement, at least the RE is starting to slow down.

yeah nah Dambo, this race is as serious as a comedy festival. There are boats out there determined to finish last! :wtf:

if yer nervous, just hang back (lots do), and start a cuppla minutes late. Plus if you start late you don't need to know the course, just follow the others :lol:

The longer yer out on the water, the more fun you have :thumbup:

And it is a staggered start so seldom more than 1 or 3 boats starting at a time, but the finish can be hilarious with 10-15 arriving overlapped (that Mark fella does a really good job).

Archived