ImOnA Boat Project (the new GDT)

samin

Anyone want to give a quick difference breakdown to a single hull driver but very interested observer?

Gregs (jamez) boat is GOP (hard chine), 7.6m long and will hopefully be able to beat up on the GBEs on a good day (bit faster than a 40ft mono race boat)

My new boat is round chine, foam glass main hull and tortured ply floats, is 8.5m long and will hopefully beat up on the top 8.5s on a good day (bit faster than a 50ft mono raceboat)

Both boats will have a nice cruising interior with a double bunk, cooker, seating etc not all out race boats.

bit faster than a 50ft mono big call boy

it aint the deeds

thats right Mr Foil, not when the fridge and 10 inch subwoofer are installed anyway :wink:

then it will only beat 45ft monos.... :thumbup:

I was just using the last coastal classic results from our sistership lucifer for the speed comparison

This is a post from Mrs Samin.....

The real reason we are building a boat is cos Capricorn /Green Death Trap didn't have a toilet or a galley....a girl has to have some creature comforts.....and clipper you were right the big sparkly ring shaped thing did help reward me for some of my hard work.....that was nearly a year ago and Im still going......i wonder what i will get this year?!?!?!

950 grams, I can rip it out before nationals if the boats over weight (which it will be)... along with the cooker with folding glass lid... :wink: and stereo, speakers, battery etc etc

Main thing is it needs to stand out ! Not another boring white boat, eh Samin.

Nothing wrong with a white boat...

SD looks good in pink.

Got a name for her yet sam?

Biggest issue we used to have when the Wolf was white in the Simrad was that other boats simply didn't see us coming. Had a particular race beating up through Motuihe passage where we had 5 or 6 pretty close calls.

Since the boat has been Green that issue has totally gone away.

pink is not gay as long as you call it 'magenta', oh and you have to point out to people that it is not pink, but 'magenta', which is a mans colour linked to the battle of magenta in Italy. I have a t-mobile 'magenta' mountain bike so have gone through this all before when people question if a man can have a pink mountain bike and still be safe in the bush, but married men can of course have anything pink.

If you say to enquirers "No it's not pink, it's Magenta"!, they won't be thinking maybe the tri looks gay anymore.

They won't even be wondering if you are gay.

There is no question.

For straight men there are only 6 or 7 colours. Pink isn't one of them, surely. :D

I found Black to be pretty good for cruising - your on deck all day but it warms up nicely for when the evening rolls round and the evening chill sets in. Do the anti-foul in white so if the worst happens its visible at night and do your sign-writing in the cats-eye reflective stuff and it will stick outs like dogs balls if someone hits you with a light.

Aside from salt really showing up which you can fix with a hose its also very cool. Only think is the prep required to get a really good finish but by the looks of things you are no stranger to a long-board.

Black is also very cool. And yes SD, SD does look good in pink.

Archived