8.5 Galatics

-another person keen to crew for the BMW's -Nick is 22, just arrived in auckland and is in the process of designing an 8.5 so is keen to learn some lessons on the water. The boat is to be a folding cat and designed with a boat builder mate and they plan to launch 2011.

I did a ring around last night and got 13 8.5's who said they had entered or will shortly and the 8.5 committee sent out entry forms to most people in the class -cash to burn i guess.

a reprieve from the squadron just came thru -they are obviuosly suffering for entries:

"2010 BMW AUCKLAND REGATTA

26 – 28 FEBRUARY, 2010

Have you entered?

Advance entries for the BMW Auckland Regatta have been extended until 1600 Wednesday 17 February.

Thanks to those skippers who have already entered the BMW Auckland Regatta. Winners from each division will be eligible to go forward to sail in the BMW New Zealand Sailing Cup being held 13 -14 March. Please ensure you list your crew on the entry form. Crew must be amateur status.

Late entries, accompanied by an additional late entry fee of NZ $50 may be accepted by the organising authorities."

I have entered the express, but have not yet shown up on the list, so I don't think that is a good indication. (BMW people should update the list frequently, cos a lot of people will look first, to see their competition.)

I need a crew member for friday only, so if anyone want's a spot for the day give me a ring 021 993 863. The boat, an F24 Mk 2, (without the new sails I was hoping for).

Also Looking for (experienced) crew on CUBIC, farrier F82R trimaran.

Can have practice on clubmarine wednesday night race if wanted and then BMW on fri/sat/sun. I am renting berth at westhaven (wednesday to monday) for regatta so easy setup/packup for a change.

Please send me an email to emc@ultref.co.nz if interested. (Permanent crew spot also available but am out of country alot so can not get to alot of races).

worth repeating

FORM FOR THE NATIONALS (?!):

(for Boats that have confirmed or have entered)

Attitude – going faster and sailed harder than ever by the brothers

Dirty Deeds – refinding her form after being a little inconsistent this summer

Lucifer – this is still a new boat that is being worked up to speed but is proving a weapon especially in big wind

Ocean Pacific –has been performing very well recently - nipping on the heels of the new boats

Hooters – fully sorted modified GBE, generally shines in the longer races, definitely a contender -just racing the weekend for this years BMW

Voom – how will Bill’s mods go?, little racing activity in the last 2 years –but could be a surprise for some

Freedom – a steady performer in the most recent windward leewards- will be in the mix of mod’ed GBE’s

Whio –will be in the mix with the other modified GBE’s and fighting off the smaller tri’s

Creepy Crawler –creepy rises again with a new larger rig and some major expenditure on new sails ......watchout if it is a light wind regatta

Rental – first serious outing for Ant & BooBoo’s mod’ed GBE –still in the tuning process but quality sailors

Penelope – building up for the winter programme, always has had the potential, will be an interesting performer -may have gone awol on the entering front

Capricorn – always dangerous in the light and pedal to the floor in the heavy –out to beat his bro on Rental -but sounds like the green death trap was sold this week so unlikely to be out under the new owner already?

Cubic –could have a royal battle with Putiki and the other small tri’s

Putiki Express –getting faster all the time

Rental – first serious outing for Ant & BooBoo’s mod’ed GBE –still in the tuning process but quality sailors

Tuning process, is that what you call it? I would call it "still in the bolting sh*t together process'

we will make the startline providing we dont break it tonight and we actually make it all the way to the startline without any majors.....

rudders are still an issue, we will have 2 3/4 rudders down at about 800mm, wont be able to push it too hard but will be there to make up the numbers.

really looking forward to some good yachting even if we will have a bit on.

Capricorn – always dangerous in the light and pedal to the floor in the heavy –out to beat his bro on Rental -but sounds like the green death trap was sold this week so unlikely to be out under the new owner already?

unfortuantly GTD is in the process of being handed over and wont be racing in the BMW, however the good news is the new owners have said they will be racing her once they get the "keys" :D

Iv gotta get the new boat finished for BMW next year so wont be doin the regatta, but it looks like it will be an awesome fleet, cant wait for next year!

I cant see Voom on the entry list, anyone know what happened to them? Bill told me he was doing the Nats?

I dunno, he said he was going to do it.. has Voom actually competed in a nationals yet?

Would be good to have you on the racecourse again Bill.. :thumbup:

Also why is'nt Hooters racing? Mark where are ya???

Looking forward to the racing tomorrow so we can unleash the Crawler! but not to much.. :wink:

Archived