Nicky Cruz 7.6

GregW

Thanks Bill and Phil for the pics. Been a full on few days. Postponed the Friday launch due to the forecast. Now planned for next Wednesday. Still a bit to be done before then, but all the big stuff done now. 8)

Thanks Phil for the awesome pics.

Well what a great day. Launched this am and Graeme and I had a few hours sailing to try everything out. She sails well (sails look great Bill) and is very nicely balanced, points well and tacks like a dinghy. Not a lot of wind most of the time but we managed to crack 9 kn with the sheets just sprung in what would only have been about 12 knots of breeze. I'm pretty damn stoked. Just a few things to finish off (like the wiring :-) and sort out some bird nets. Will post more updates as I get used to sailing her.

Many many thanks to all who have taken an interest and helped out in various ways. It would have been a lot harder without all the advice, support and input. Cheers :thumbup:

Congratulations Greg on a job well done.

The launching went without a problem and the day couldnt have been better for a test sail. Great to see Phil overhead and

what great pic's, a real bonus.

Took some pic's aboard also.

Happy sailing Greg. :thumbup:

Cheers

Graeme

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

lookin beautiful!

so now for names

canary?

yellow peril?

The name is Mysterex - just confirmed today by YNZ. Pretty happy I don't have to think about that any more. :think:

nice work greg! must have felt great to finally have her on the water. is the centre case off set to free up some space inside? knot sure if this has been asked but, is it designed to fly the main hull?

Oh Wow Greg - so very well done indeed. Congratulations buddy on getting her wet! Sounds like she is going to go a beauty!

I am just so stoked for you, I am getting all teary eyed . . . :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :D

you old punk you

Well you think you're the next big up and coming thing

You're the beautiful people you really think you're hip

With all your trust fame and fortune too

Well if that's what you think then you ain't got a f**king clue

Nine to fiver social climber oh yeah

Mysterex you think you are but we know you're not

Archived