Jt TRi

I can give you my opinion - bloody good fun. The boat handled well, JT mentioned it a couple of times - and again today when we were chatting, seemed to track nicely and was responsive. Did the right things at the right times. It'll take a while to get fully sorted, we guessed on the jib sheet position and then (I) couldn't be rsed changing it. All the systems work fine, I like the main and headsail sheeting systems, very easy to trim.

The designer, builder and owner all were happy so you'd have to call it a win all around

...... and I didn't even get wet :thumbup:

atom ant ... hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Hibiscus coast is far from the tropics :crazy: but should you ever reside in the Bay of Islands you will regain the right to claim to be in paradise 8)

I Had a meltdown today, not one of those mushy centered ice-creams, No this was a blast on the new JT rocket.

Sorry Guys not a photo to be had, there was just to much spray.

We thought we were doing 7-8 knots but after a few tacks we got Jt's aged GPS to finally fire up and it showed speeds of 10-13 knots, Our estimation needed a big readjustment this boat is effortless, according to Steve it felt just like a Dinghy.

There is a bit of work to do getting systems right ( no bloody drink holders) but when Jt fills the list this boat will be one to watch out for. When the kite went up for the first time we were waiting for the usual pickle fork nose down attitude but not on this boat she rides bow high without the need for those fancy foils that have become popular amongst Trimarans of late.

I'm wet, cold and pumped, Thanks for the ride JT, Great boat, almost as good as Repeat Offender.

No fish were injured in the making of this story, real speeds have been altered to protect their Identity ( not the fish identity idiot)

Ah' Photo's,... Well as i said the boat is to dam wet to get my camera out. you will have to wait until I take Offender out, I might need a 600mm lens for a Nikon if anyone has one as i doubt i will get close enough to the little beast.

Thought I said something about wet in the story??

hey pete .. i think the big " O " is to return today from three months in the real tropic's on the booze cruiser Cat .. bet he has a photo or two ...i can still remember the day when Atom Ant tipped over ( knocked down ) right in front of the Kerikeri club house it stayed over for some time ( i think one or two of the lads jumped on that thing that sticks out from the bottom of the hull ) anyway that made me excited as well ...funny that :roll:

Ah Now I do Have Photos Of the big "O" In tropic land where the rum flows freely and the women are.... Now what the hell was the next bit?? But they are a bit to big to down load on here.

If you can guarantee a ten knot North easter for the coastal I think can get the old fella to take meltdown up the coast. BUT! it will have to stay fine and sunny for the whole weekend, he doesn't do wet and windy. Which means although he is older he hasn't got wiser or he would have built a cruiser.

post-963-141887167677.jpg

hey pete .............. the atom ant has been noticeably quiet :( do you think that he is ok .... maybe the news about his boat tipping over has put him off ...was chatting to the once great ( and young ) leroy the other day on the side of the road ( as you do ) recalling that windy day when the red racing machine acted like a " P " class .... the J T tri wouldn't have done that ( cause it was to windy for john boy to go out ) :clap:

Well Bushman I've "listened" to you prattle on long enough without anything useful to say, so I've been ignoring you in the vain hope that you would go away or get bored or move on to something else. You're not related to Dry Reach are you? I don't know who you are but you ain't on my christmas card list, and please don't be offended when I don't respond to you - I'm just ignoring your asinine and 12 years out of date comments about my boat that bears little resemblance to the one you are on about. :wave:

Bushy I recall another

recalling that windy day when the red racing machine

The Demon Tricycle which was good at putting the wind up skipper and crew.

She was my first " Big multi" experience and sold me on Tris for ever, though "Leroy" gave me some sailing thrills on Sundancer ( I said SAILING thrills).

Archived