Route 66 Race

Adrianp

Anyone driving back on saturday? :think: Or has a really really fast boat?? :lol:

I would normally do the delivery back, but I need to get back to pack and move.

There doesn't seem to be very much wind, hence the sail/motor back will take up the entire day, which I can't really afford to loose :crazy:

Would be very appreciative of a ride! :thumbup: I'm small so wont take up too much space.. :P

Cheers in advance!

Ashley

PS. Can contact me on here or on my mobile 0211706138

Anyone driving back on saturday? :think: Or has a really really fast boat?? :lol:

There doesn't seem to be very much wind, hence the sail/motor back will take up the entire day, which I can't really afford to loose :crazy:

Would be very appreciative of a ride! :thumbup: I'm small so wont take up too much space.. :P

Cheers in advance!

Ashley

Does Gary have a spare seat?

Cheers in advance!

Ashley

Does Gary have a spare seat?

He is going North not South

I needed to get to north head as the boats wont be close to Orakei. heres the back end of the fleet using what tied their is to get moving.

post-10945-141887218645_thumb.jpg

Apprantly some ginger fellow slept through his alarm so there wont be any photos from me today :crazy: :crazy:

Lucky I didn't then! Was on the water for the star and followed the fleet to North Head. Photos to come shortly.

Apprantly some ginger fellow slept through his alarm so there wont be any photos from me today :crazy: :crazy:

Lucky I didn't then! Was on the water for the star and followed the fleet to North Head. Photos to come shortly.

there really wasnt any point taking photos if you were out on a rib. Im looking forward to seeing them :D :D

there really wasnt any point taking photos if you were out on a rib. Im looking forward to seeing them :D :D

There's always a point of taking photos! Captures the event regardless of the conditions. It was actually beautiful out there. A nice little breeze, enough to fill everyone's sails, the sun was shining and everyone was in good spirits. Much better being out there than stuck at work!

That last one must have a caption bottle of rum in it somewhere:

My effort (weak)

I"m sure we can find a new suit in the closet somewhere

In the absence of any info I just called the Marsden cove marina office....she said the last boat finished at 3.30am and most have left and are on their way back. Seems to be a bit more wind around today, so hopefully will be a faster sail back!

That last one must have a caption bottle of rum in it somewhere:

My effort (weak)

I"m sure we can find a new suit in the closet somewhere

"The rabbit comes out of the hole, around the tree and ....... ummmm"

Or

"Did you say tie the sheet on to the spinnaker or the other way around?"

A long day of drifting but awesome ride once the breeze came in at dusk. We had a pretty epic slide through the dark to finish in 14h 24min, only 22min after Fineline and first on handicap! I was pretty lucky to have a crew who we're never going to give up.

Petty chuffed with that and it has made the last two weeks of late night's putting lifelines on High'n'fibre worth it.

This is an awesome race and I can't wait till next year.

I did enjoy the look on peoples face on Saturday morning as they were getting ready to head home, when they asked when we were heading off and I replied "My wife drove up with the trailer and we have a Bach booked for the weekend."

Thanks to Richmond and Onerahi Yacht Clubs, CRC, Appletons rum, Marsden Cove Marina, Burnsco and the other sponsors for such a cool race.

Archived