SIMRAD Entries Are Open

Fish

yuck a whole lot of light cracked sheets and a soft run to the finish will see how tight we can carry our gennaker in 5 knots... oh i wish for a code 0 :thumbup:

Looking like a bit more breeze and some precipitation

Get a grip EE, we are knot using your weather especially if it's got wet in it. As Danaide is on the committee we are holding him to his dryer forecast...... or else he has to give DR a blowjob in the Squaddy carpark at the prize giving. No pressure though :twisted: :lol:

Good post Mr Wolf :thumbup:

If someones running a book I'll put $10 on the purple one! This Auckland.

Where are the SRs this year? Destined to add to the environmental eco system I suspect and grow weed. trackers look down this year to.

In Danaide's defence for if his forecast is wrong... he's a relatively new committee member (ie been on committee less than a decade) so doesn't yet have the experience to hold back on his predictions until it's virtually happening ! Afterall I've never known a "I'm looking out the window and it's currently...." forecast to be wrong !

In other words D is brave and optimistic where Cam having been there done that, knows to shut the F up just in case someone remembers what he said :lol:

We certianly won't be holding D to that forecast as we really really don't want to be at the prizegiving with a floor show that involves D and DR in a state of undress, that's just yucky. {any vomiting smilie things anywhere?}

Any word you can drop in re less wet would still be appreciated Cam. Had enough wet lately.

Any tips on which corner of the kite to attached you kite halyard would be as well. Please forward them to TM :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Yeap we saw that one, hard knot to when it was happening directly above our heads. It was very close racing and sadly TM wasn't alone in kite issues, knot the fleets finest day that's for sure :?

Essential Marine Radio knowledge required for all skippers and crew

About to again compete in the SSANZ two handed series recently conjured up the exhilarating memories of our 2008 bow burying kite ride to Gannet Rock in 30kt winds, as well as the ‘what ifs'. The ability to use the VHF radio if tragedy struck is a very real concern not only for the two of us but also our friends and family plus the other competitors and boats on the water if assistance is needed....

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Essential- ... crew/71163

If I make the labels on the head and tack any bigger they'll be as big as the sail numbers. Great kite ride in the first race though. 11 and a bit knots through the fleet. Shame we forgot that we had to turn the corner eh!

You lot are all missing the point.

5kt SW is the last thing that we want so by posting it I have confirmed that it will knot happen

just like it only ever rains when you don't have a coat, same principle :crazy:

well me and my cousin cant afford the $250 to join ssanz, enter the series, get a phrf cert and register a coastguard call sign so i am trying to convince him to do the race as a pirate entry. would we cause problems if we started to leeward of the start line, sailed the course then finished to leeward of the startline?

5kt SW is the last thing that we want so by posting it I have confirmed that it will knot happen

Have a look at the forecast again this morning. I think your theory is looking a little flawed :) Back to what Metservice would call '5kts variable' or in other word bugger all from somewhere. Looking very much like a stereo up large and lots of rum run at the moment.

Can we take a slapper to keep the boys amused if it's a drifter? We will declare her as moveable ballast and promise the sticks she plays with aren't the tiller ;)

Don't get in the way of any entered boats and you'd be fine JH. No one can stop you using the Hauraki Gulf, apart from rich prick AC boats, but some will get very shitty if you cock-up their race.

Does it cost to get a call sign?

Does it cost to get a call sign?

Yes but knot a lot ($25-$30 from memory. Actually from Coastguard or a couple of online options).

Most of these things are going to be useful to have anyway.

An alternative approach - particularly given the weather outlook - is for two young jokers to set aside the day and work like b*stards for someone to get that money in the bag and then be able to do the other races. Eight hours @ $15 an hour each would do it.

To get a callsign if the yacht doesn't have one requires a VHF course to have been completed with the coastguard.

It's something like $40 if you have a VHF ticket already.

I have a call sign and 2 VHF Operator licences so sweet there. I just don't remember paying for the call sign. I may have though.

It is possible to transfer them on the sale of the boat, so you might have acquired it in that way. All for the one low low price of whatever you paid for the 930.

There's something very funny going on at the Metvue offices... 2 minutes ago Saturday midday looked like the middle of a frickin hurricane, now it's back to 5kts variable??!! :wtf:

Neither of those prospects look particularly promising for me.

Archived