M class

floatsome

Hi everyone

Just reiterating the news on the front page and also the new

Would be great to see any past, present ... future members

At any of the upcoming events!

For anyone who can muster four intrepid hardy crew and want a go in these iconic boats, then feel free to contact me as I may have a boat you can use. Warning only hard men and women need apply!

Cheers

Hamish

Class Notice:

Welcome!

As current chairman of the M Class Association I welcome you to the Official celebration of our 90th Anniversary. It has been a good year for us as the arrival of two new boats, and the return of two boats that have been absent for some time has provided new impetus to the class. Today we muster a very competitive fleet (so far this season seven Ms have registered a line win in at least one race) and while fleet numbers have been lower than desired, at an average of around eight boats, several more will be joining us for reunion

I hope you enjoy being back among friends for the weekend, I encourage you to get afloat with us, to remind us again of our heritage and I look forward to your continued involvement in the M-Class where possible. I trust you will find the class in good stead.

Bruce Craies

M-Class President

90th Anniversary

Program

Friday 15 March

Meet and Greet. Hyundai M-Class lounge. RAYC.

The bar will be open from 1700 for all to enjoy and the RAYC kitchen will be in full swing for those requiring dinner. At 1930hrs a per race brief will be held for all sailors and the reunion jerseys and caps will be presented to all crews. Bar closure is about midnight.

Saturday 16 March

Breakfast is available from 0830 and we plan to begin rigging the Ms about 1100hrs.

We hope to have both Myth and Marilyn available as static displays throughout the weekend and will encourage our crews to rig early on Saturday to enable everyone a good look around.

Weather permitting, we would like to get as many former/ interested sailors on the water for a sail around the Okahu Bay area as possible. We will do this on an adhoc basis as the boats are being rigged.

Bring your gear and make yourself available for a sail on the day.

Roy Skinner Memorial - 330

We have been asked to spread the ashes of former M-Class stalwart Roy Skinner on the Waitemata during the weekend and plan to do this from M51 Maverick. This will probably be done around the Orakei Wharf area as all the Ms gather prior to racing. We will advise more on the day.

Race Activities

A series of three starts is planned from Orakei wharf from 1400.

The plan is to maximise the photo opportunities from both ashore and on the water.

With 16 Emmy's on the water it should be a great sight.

Photographers, as well as a documentary crew, have been booked for the occasion.

The third start of the day will continue into a local harbour race of moderate duration.

To date we have one confirmed support launch to follow the fleet and it has limited space available for those wishing to get afloat.

Post race Sausage Sizzle

A Sausage Sizzle will be running when the crews return to the RAYC prior to the evening function.

Live music will be provided in the bar area until 2000 hrs as support for the Sail Akarana weekend.

Anniversary Function

The anniversary evening will commence at 1900hrs in the Hyundai M-Class lounge.

Finger food will be served throughout the evening and he bar will remain open until the small hours.

A short 'Welcome' address will be conducted around 2000hrs and we will be joined throughout the evening by a few invited guests, and by the RAYC sailors that have participated in the Sail Akarana races.

Sunday 17 March

Scott Wilson Trophy: Races One, Two, and, Three

Racing for the Scott Wilson Trophy will commence at 1200hrs in conjunction with the RAYC Sail Akarana series.

Three windward/ leeward courses will be set as the first part of the Scott Wilson "Champion of Champions"series.

The forth race in this series is a double points 'harbour race' which will be held the following weekend.

This series is designed to find the top M Class boat for the season and, although normally restricted by qualification, this year entry will be extended to include all available Ms.

A RAYC prize giving will be held at the completion of the days racing in the RAYC club rooms and all M Class people are invited.

The BBQ will once again be in operation and normal Sunday bar service will be available.

Latest update:

See you all old fellas and fellesses there!

Hopefully the weather will come to the party!!

M-Class 90th Anniversary Program

Welcome!

As current chairman of the M Class Association I welcome you to the Official celebration of our 90th Anniversary. It has been a good year for us as the arrival of two new boats, and the return of two boats that have been absent for some time has provided new impetus to the class. Today we muster a very competitive fleet (so far this season seven Ms have registered a line win in at least one race) and while fleet numbers have been lower than desired, at an average of around eight boats, several more will be joining us for reunion

I hope you enjoy being back among friends for the weekend, I encourage you to get afloat with us, to remind us again of our heritage and I look forward to your continued involvement in the M-Class where possible. I trust you will find the class in good stead.

Bruce Craies

M-Class President

90th Anniversary

Program

Friday 15 March

Meet and Greet. Hyundai M-Class lounge. RAYC.

The bar will be open from 1700 for all to enjoy and the RAYC kitchen will be in full swing for those requiring dinner. At 1930hrs a per race brief will be held for all sailors and the reunion jerseys and caps will be presented to all crews. Bar closure is about midnight.

Saturday 16 March

Breakfast is available from 0830 and we plan to begin rigging the Ms about 1100hrs.

We hope to have both Myth and Marilyn available as static displays throughout the weekend and will encourage our crews to rig early on Saturday to enable everyone a good look around.

Weather permitting, we would like to get as many former/ interested sailors on the water for a sail around the Okahu Bay area as possible. We will do this on an adhoc basis as the boats are being rigged.

Bring your gear and make yourself available for a sail on the day.

Roy Skinner Memorial - 330

We have been asked to spread the ashes of former M-Class stalwart Roy Skinner on the Waitemata during the weekend and plan to do this from M51 Maverick. This will probably be done around the Orakei Wharf area as all the Ms gather prior to racing. We will advise more on the day.

Race Activities

A series of three starts is planned from Orakei wharf from 1400.

The plan is to maximise the photo opportunities from both ashore and on the water.

With 16 Emmy's on the water it should be a great sight.

Photographers, as well as a documentary crew, have been booked for the occasion.

The third start of the day will continue into a local harbour race of moderate duration.

To date we have one confirmed support launch to follow the fleet and it has limited space available for those wishing to get afloat.

Post race Sausage Sizzle

A Sausage Sizzle will be running when the crews return to the RAYC prior to the evening function.

Live music will be provided in the bar area until 2000 hrs as support for the Sail Akarana weekend.

Anniversary Function

The anniversary evening will commence at 1900hrs in the Hyundai M-Class lounge.

Finger food will be served throughout the evening and he bar will remain open until the small hours.

A short 'Welcome' address will be conducted around 2000hrs and we will be joined throughout the evening by a few invited guests, and by the RAYC sailors that have participated in the Sail Akarana races.

Sunday 17 March

Scott Wilson Trophy: Races One, Two, and, Three

Racing for the Scott Wilson Trophy will commence at 1200hrs in conjunction with the RAYC Sail Akarana series.

Three windward/ leeward courses will be set as the first part of the Scott Wilson "Champion of Champions"series.

The forth race in this series is a double points 'harbour race' which will be held the following weekend.

This series is designed to find the top M Class boat for the season and, although normally restricted by qualification, this year entry will be extended to include all available Ms.

A RAYC prize giving will be held at the completion of the days racing in the RAYC club rooms and all M Class people are invited.

The BBQ will once again be in operation and normal Sunday bar service will be available.

Archived